WW2 BEDFORD QL Gallery

Ian L

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here a few from me which I have photographed over the years.

Normandy 2009:

613-1.jpg

680.jpg

724.jpg

War & Peace Show 2010/11

083.jpg

365.jpg

056.jpg

306.jpg

Various other shows throughout the UK:

003-1.jpg

150.jpg

228.jpg

006-1.jpg

028.jpg

056-1.jpg

060-1.jpg

060.jpg

Edited by Smithy

Hi Smithy,

You have snapped my QL twice ;), I was going to find a pic, no need now, thanks, the first one was at Arromanches beach on D-Day.

regards, Richard

Hi Smithy,

You have save me posting a photo too, as you have snapped mine - YVS841 twice. I really must finish painting it and get it marked up!

Kind regards, Mike

Oh dear I seem to have had QL fever and gone into upload overdrive (those extra one's now removed)! No worries guys, it gave me an hour off from working! :D

Regards, Scott

Oh dear I seem to have had QL fever and gone into upload overdrive (those extra one's now removed)! No worries guys, it gave me an hour off from working! :D

Regards, Scott

Here is an ex Army Fire Service QL in service early 1949 with Liverpool City brigade. The trailer pump is a Harland, these were one of the less common types. In Army service the QL tender always tows a Dennis large trailer pump. The pump in the back of the QL is a Coventry Climax FSM 3. THe QL in the attached is GYR 782 a near sister to the ex Lancs FB GYR 786 now under restoration.

TED

Ex army Fire service QL.jpg

Well that was very timely! I am just about to start building a model QLD and though I have already gleaned a lot from this site, a gallery is a great way to bring it all together. So any more photos, including internals would be most welcome.

For those that are interested I am building the model from the Italeri 1/35 scale QL Portee with an Accurate Armour cab top and bits and pieces. I've actually started with a 1/76 Airfix QLD as this seems to be a good way of seeing what needs to be done in the conversion. The Airfix kit is a good little model but the tray floor is simplified, so any real examples would be useful. I'll probably blog the build on the 'Military Modelling Magazine' site.

Cheers Nik

I've actually started with a 1/76 Airfix QLD as this seems to be a good way of seeing what needs to be done in the conversion. The Airfix kit is a good little model but the tray floor is simplified, so any real examples would be useful.

Hi Nik,

If you look at my QLD, post #5, first photo, that is the one that Airfix came out to measure and photograph for the new model.

Hi Nik,

If you look at my QLD, post #5, first photo, that is the one that Airfix came out to measure and photograph for the new model.

Richard,

That is a very fine vehicle and a good photo from a modeller's view point. Any chance of posting a picture of the floor of the tray? I've just finished the Airfix model but need to re-glaze it as the original windows have clouded over. Probably due turps used in the weathering.

Cheers Nik

• 5 weeks later...
bedford QLT from the Belgium brigade Piron, picture is just from after the liberation of Brussels.[ATTACH=CONFIG]52753[/ATTACH]
Name of the driver is: privet Florent Dutrieux 3rd motorized unit of the 5pl brigade piron.

Date 4 September 1944, he wend top pay his parents a visit with the QL.