WW2 BEDFORD QL Gallery

Ian L

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B28 on the L/H wing, is that an RAF Bomber station number ? Headlamps are very low, is that a postwar or Korea field mod ?

It has Royal Army Service Corps sign on the drivers side, B28 could be a convoy number. Headlamps were lowered a few inches postwar as they were above the legal height for UK roads. Ths one might have had the lowered to due the "local" situation.

On my QL there was some provision to month the right hand headlight in the lower position.

On the picture you can just see the opening for the electrical lead, the mounting goals where welded up butt the re-enforcement plate is still on the inside of the corner section.

IMG_1376.jpg

Have a look at the bottom of the picture!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A bad photo of our museum's QL tanker. It will be taking part in the Bay to Birdwood Run this weekend, in Adelaide South Australia, so I'll try to remember to get some better photos and some video.

DSC_0198_result.jpg

It is missing the large triangular funnels and the pump motor from the back, if anyone has any leads on where I can get some, that'd be great.

Cheers,

Terry

Hi, could you make any pictures of the Austin K3 to? Thanks

Hi Radek,

That Austin is not a K3, but a K2 2 ton truck, built for the RAF to carry two generators. I know it well as about 19 years ago it was on a long road convoy run across Australia that I also participated in with a friend in his Land Rover.

Thanks Richard,

From what I understand, the Austin is a good truck and has been on quite a few adventures. Unlike most museums, about 90% of the vehicles at ours are operational (although you wouldn't know it from the number of breakdowns we had during the Bay to Birdwood Run this year :D)

I'll be at the museum on the weekend fixing a cock-up on my Saracen, and my uncle wants to come along too and play with his new DSLR camera, so I'll get some photos then.

Cheers,

Terry

• 1 year later...
Do you know where the picture was taken? That might help, a lot of stuff went to Africa from Goole.You know Paul, looking at them the look to be 'Office Body' types like yopurs. How is the Old Lady by the way?

They do, and lots of them. She's OK, just working through some cooling system issues. Got a new rad cap that should sort things. Hope to be at some shows next year in the old girl