What's your claim to fame.......

Jack

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was on guard duty at the DoY barracks in London for an official function which was strictly invitation only. Heir to the throne was there and the horse face hag turned up with the then husband in tow as part of the entourage. Their names were not on the guest list so they were refused entry. She got a strop on and relations went downhill from there...

Personally I think she can't hold a candle to Princess Di in anything but..............

As an amateur boxer met Dai Dower, Henry Cooper a real gent, Billy Walker,and John Conteh who remembers those names.

Other claim to fame running a BFT (battle fitness test) at Dering lines in 7.05mins came in before the PTI on his treader!! and that was when we still wore DMS and lwt's!!!

Hardyferret special frog squad 'who hops swims'

I was in a school production of the life and times of Gilbert and Sullivan, with a young Jason Kay (later to be known as Jay Kay) of Jamiriquoi... needless to say he had a lead roll which if I remember correctly involved some singing no doubt...

...I was one of the 'three little maids from school' :oops:

It was an all boy school before you start :-(

• 2 weeks later...

I met Ken Dodd after a show once. Was going out with an ex-diddy man at the time. I would like to point out at this point tho that all diddy men were female, just in case you had doubts....and he gave me a tickle stick. Not very military I hear you cry, well its amazing what damage you can do with a feather duster! :-D

Through the help of a friend, I supplied five military vehicles for a movie named "The Last Castle" - spent five days there with my friends doing the driving - on screen this was split into two sequences - one about 5 seconds, and the other during the closing credits.

Also helped a friend do the MV driving in another movie - Stateside - can actually be seen in it. Did some consulting work on "The Good German.

Was interviewed for "top 10 armored personnel carriers" - wound up on the cutting room floor for that one.

Wrote the second edition of Standard Catalog of U.S. Military Vehicles, and the Standard Catalog of German Military Vehicles for Krause Publications, and 21 other books.

Write for Classic Military Vehicles, Military Vehicles Magazine, Army Motors and a dozen or so other periodicals.

Met TV and movie star James Gandolfini while on The Last Castle, and Niel Young at a toy train show, and Justin Timberlake at my hobby shop.

Thats as close to fame as I get......

Best,

David Doyle

I wouldn't have minded being pulled by Sally James!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Problem i was only about 7 at the time so did not know of the whole "dads" attraction to "sally".

Supose you could also say i met Lenny Henry when he was funny and the "phantom flan flinger"

oh as its xmas i'll tell

working at EMI Records (security) and they made

:cry:

the wombles video, i played uncle bulgarie :oops: :oops:

Oh WOW.........that is one of the most funniest things I have heard for a long time!!!

PS, can I have an autograph, for my daughter of course