What's your claim to fame.......

Jack

Nigel mansel,dawn french, jeremy clarkson,jonah lomu,keith flint,tony robinson,Kevin Mc Cloud, various M P s,

all spotted and most chatted to whilst working at TVR (1983-2000) .Keith flint (prodigy ) was walking round in a smart suit yet had his hair in "horns".old guy i was working didnt recognise him and said "hows he going to get a job with his hair like that ?":coffee:

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I did a year in High School in Brookfield, Connecticut as an exchange student in the mid 80's. One of my good friends was Bill Westenhofer who has won an Oscar and a Bafta for the special effects in Golden Compass.

I once asked Kari Wuhrer out on a date but she was busy doing a play (she's now a Holywood actress)

When I was in the Danish Air Force I frequently ate lunch with Prince Joakim (well, he was in the same cafeteria)

I have had a R/C aircraft design published in Model Flyer

There was a picture of me and my daugther on the BBC News pages. We are actually sitting in the Gaz69M but you can only see one of the rear benches. It was from when we ran a business called Indoor Flyer

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7035605.stm

I have a friend in the US, Dave Burley, who used to work for NASA and built something that actually went to Mars!

I know the guy who drives the Gaz 67 in "Enemy at the gates" (he is also the owner of the Gaz).

I'm friends with the guy who invented the PicooZ toy helicopter and had to issue a written statment as an "expert in micro R/C technology" when the manufacturer were taking copy-cats to the courts.

Edited by Eastblock

I painted the nose art on Sally B, the B-17 flying fortress, seen here with my Jeep.

scan0001-3.jpg

As a bonus I got to fly in her !

On the subject of Aviation, and flights, I also got to ride in the P-51 that featured in Saving Private Ryan - Big Beautiful Doll.

A breathtaking experience that is hard to top.

If anyone wants a flavor of a trip in a P-51, and hasn't been as lucky as me, try this link - its pretty close, but you dont get the smell and taste of fuel, or get that 'light' feeling when you first get airborne - the greatest single impression is the noise - absolutely deafening !

http://www.clipwings.com/index.php?command=show_video&video_id=718

Anyway, I hope you agree, they are nice pictures. Regards Mark.

scan0003-3.jpg

• 1 month later...

Many years ago when lived just outside Stafford saw Black Sabbeth rehearsing in the local village hall, first gig I saw with the Prince of Darkness and all! . Later used to deliver Toni Iomi's news papers, My friend was bitten by his guard dog.:shake:

Jerry

Nooooooooo COME ON WE NEED MORE DETAILS!!

He was driving HMS Brazen's Lynx, I was in a Gazelle ferrying HM's Governor to the Falkland Islands about on his valedictory tour. Weather was pants and we were pushed for fuel, when HRH comes barrelling out of the clag pretending to be a Spitfire pilot. Our pax, Sir Rex Hunt, who had been a Spitfire pilot, commented "Tell him to bugger off, or I'll phone his mum when I get back".

In 13 years as aircrew I don't think I'd ever come that close to a mid-air, hence an adrenalin-fuelled rush to drag the pillock out of his seat and stick one on him. Fortunately for me his Observer got to me first.

He was driving HMS Brazen's Lynx, I was in a Gazelle ferrying HM's Governor to the Falkland Islands about on his valedictory tour. Weather was pants and we were pushed for fuel, when HRH comes barrelling out of the clag pretending to be a Spitfire pilot. Our pax, Sir Rex Hunt, who had been a Spitfire pilot, commented "Tell him to bugger off, or I'll phone his mum when I get back".

In 13 years as aircrew I don't think I'd ever come that close to a mid-air, hence an adrenalin-fuelled rush to drag the pillock out of his seat and stick one on him. Fortunately for me his Observer got to me first.

Fantastic story!