• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I worked at Sopwell House in 96, upset some guy called Paul Merson cos I had no idea who he was!!! Not a football fan you see!! lol!! I appeared on a men and motors programe about the Speedfreak Ball at Santa Pod, had a couple of bikes featured in Back Street Heros and 100% Biker magazines:

fullpage.jpg

And I wrote a few articles for Britchopper bike magazine as well. Thats about it!!

• 3 months later...

Seen Sooty and Sweep in the nude towed Mathew Corbit in when his brand new Volvo estate and big caravan cooked its torque converter on M62 Next job i did that day was tow an old transit to Bradford with members of a group called Paper Lace they were No1 at the timewith Billy Dont Be a Hero

i was on tonight with trevor macdonald many years ago

Which reminds me. In 1995 I was working for (with, but a tax dodge meant that technically it was for) the Bank of England at their New Change offices. My office window looked across the street at St Paul's Cathedral on the other side (see Google Maps) literally a few yards away. My consultancy ran out (and I went to firefight another project ay Abbey National) on Friday, 8 May.

We had a damn good farewell pub-crawl - I mean lunch, rolled back into the offices, I cleared my desk, said my farewells and headed off home mid-afternoon. I said goodbye to the doorman in his pink frock coat: I had only been there three months, but my distinctive Pitmatic accent and my readiness to be cordial to infrastructure people (barmaids, waiters, etc) meant that I got a sincere farewell from him, I stepped back out through the front door into the blistering hot, bright sunshine for the last time ... to find that in the half hour I'd been back in the office, somebody had erected a pair of WW2 searchlights either side of the door like a ceremonial arch of swords at a wedding. I felt touched.

I sobered up on the train home and that evening I sat and watched News at Ten, fronted by Sir Trevor (or Trevor, as he was then).

And finally ...

I hadn't occurred to me that today was the 50th anniversary of Victory in Europe and specially for the occasion ITN had recreated the iconic pair of searchlights creating a V for victory over St Paul's to mark the occasion.

And I thought they'd done it all for me ...

Not much really.

Who have you met, who have you sat next to? /Have you helped someone famous get out of trouble?

Answer: My husband :D (ajmac) He was interviewed on BBC Look North lol

Seen Sooty and Sweep in the nude towed Mathew Corbit in when his brand new Volvo estate and big caravan cooked its torque converter on M62 Next job i did that day was tow an old transit to Bradford with members of a group called Paper Lace they were No1 at the timewith Billy Dont Be a Hero

I worked at a Working Men's club in Sunderland before I joined up. One Sunday the committee were in a total and utter flat spin because the previous night the act they'd booked weeks ago for tonight won Opportunity Knocks. Paper Lace. Standing room only.

As the young lad working the grill bar physically isolated from the rest of the club's infrastructure (with a very nice woman called Cecilia whose husband cringed when acts sang the eponimous song by Simon & Garfunkel cos all the blokes leared at her ... "making love in the afternoon with Cecilia up in my bedroom"), I spent the evening walking back and forth across the Concert room right under the stage humping kegs of lager across to the grill.

• 5 months later...

The Queen at the opening of an exhibit.

George Lazenby (James Bond) in Birmingham.

Caroline Munro (james Bond) Watford

Mr Bronson (from Grange Hill) He also played Hitler in Indiana Jones 3rd film.

Dave Prowse (Darth Vader)

+ a few others.....I used to buy and sell film memorabilia and these were at events. Leslie Grantham was also at one selling his auto for a fiver. Wonder if he gets a taxi these days.

George McDonald Fraser and Douglas Reeman (aka Alexander Kent) at book signings.

Bernard Cornwall on QE2

I also knocked Sir Clive Sinclair into the street when i was reading an A-Z in London.

Joe Ekins, the man who took out three Tiger Tanks in Normandy.

Well my Claim to fame was when i was in the Royal Corps of Signals, i was also in the Pipes and Drums and my claim to fame back in 20 was phenominal, i started of and got picked to play for the N.Ireland Army Cadet Rugby Team, i then went on in june that year right through to August that year to do a pipeband practise for the whole month just to do The Royal Military Tattoo 2000 which was a special tattoo celebrating 1000 years of history also have the video of it which is brilliant, then when that had finished i stayed in london to do more practise for Her Magesty the late Queen Mother 100th birthday and was crowned the youngest lead drummer being at the Queen Mothers 100th Birthday i have also played the drum alongside the Queens Personal Piper, Pipe Major Jim Stout, who is the Pipe Major of the Highlanders, i've also played for other dignitries such as Tony Blair, all the Lords and Ladies, Past and Present Members of parliment and various other dignitries, also met Barbara Windsor at the Queen Mothers 100th Birthday too and i think that is about it now.

thru work i have met david hasselhof (ferried him about in our BV206), scot mills (radio 1 dj),

Alex James the bassist from blur ,mungo jerry, N'dubz(chav rap group) and by far the best suzie Perry:D my god she is gorgeous and really nice to go with it, just a shame the other bloke jason from the gadget show was a proper idiot,least we got to shoot him .

years ago when i lived on a narrow boat the boat moored next to us in the marina was owned by david suchet and he was such a nice bloke often had a drink with him in the summer.

Iain

• 1 year later...

Over the past few years some friends and me participated in the making of 3 Documentarys about the US troops in Northern Europe. We did some re-enacting.

The first Docu was redone because initially it lacked re-enactors.

During the filming a photographer (Jacques Reboul) took photo's.

Between filming I was photographed from the side and that photo was used on 1 side of a challenge coin!!

Those who know me might even recognise me.

Here a photo of both sides of the coin. (Re-posting of this photo was granted with permission of owner)

coinbothsidesMMedium.jpg

http://www.livingbattlefield.com/battlefield-tours-on-dvd.html

http://www.livingbattlefield.com/ww2-photos.html