Armour & Embarkation. Dorset 2010.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be wrong, but I thought this event was to be based on an existing one called Maiden Newton At War? Last held in 2008

I believe it's just being held in the same town.. I thought it was a seperate event..

It will be an HMVF event. Is open to US and British armour and soft skins.

http://www.hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showpost.php?p=111051&postcount=1

I may be wrong, but I thought this event was to be based on an existing one called Maiden Newton At War? Last held in 2008

That's right Richard. What we are doing is holding 'our' event under a seperate heading and this is purely down to insurances - as nuts as that sounds!

Armour & Embarkation will have a separate website, booking forms and so on. Again for technical reasons but also I wanted to keep it separate as I have other events I would like to do that would be in other parts of the country so it/we need to be a stand alone project.

Does that make sense?

This sounds like its gonna be a brilliant event. Wish we could have our Scammell finished in time, it would be great to get an actual 'dead' tank on tow, and the Matador -forget about it, thats even further off. Never mind will bring the Jeep anyway.

Is the Tank Museum going to be participating? Maybe they could bring, dare I say it, the Tiger!!??

Richard

Hi Jack put my M8 Armored car down for this, hope this will be just the first vehicle from 2nd Armored

Also - will try and get the Harleys down - find out if we can wear tankers helmets for runs out on the bikes...........:stop:

• 7 months later...

Hi Jack ,

Just wondered if you have got any updates on A and E ?? i know live has been busy for you just recently , but June is not very far away now and were pushing hard to get the M10 finished in time to bring to Dorset ,any info or updates would be appreciated ,

Thanks Adrian

Hi Jack ,

Just wondered if you have got any updates on A and E ?? i know live has been busy for you just recently , but June is not very far away now and were pushing hard to get the M10 finished in time to bring to Dorset ,any info or updates would be appreciated ,

Thanks Adrian

Morning Adrian and very timely!

I have been hard at it and as I was saying to Adrian B at Malvern - everything is in place - now the big step is to raise the funding. Bit of chicken and egg thing and as I have said elsewhere it will be (because of personal circumstances which took me out of the loop for 2 months) a tight thing but we will get there.

Boviington will be bringing an armoured car of some shape or form. We have the support of County Hall, Chamber of Commerce, Dorset County Museum, The Keep Museum, Police, Highways. Have veterans and civilian 'veterans' attending from Help the Aged and the RBL coming to share their memories of war time Dorset and so that we can record their memories and more press then you can shake a stick - it is rumored that the editor of The Pathfinder Magazine will be there............

Talking with the guys at Maiden Newton at war we think we could have up to 10,000 people attend over the weekend :shocked:

We have capped the amount of tanks to ten - which we have, which includes you guys (no pressure) as County Hall was getting slightly nervous.... :whistle: I did try to explain to them that a tank has less ground pressure than a Range Rover............:computerrage:

So the work is relentless but I hope it is rewarding to us all. Any questions then please just fire away!

Onwards and upwards!!

Evening Jack ,

Thanks for the swift reply , im sure theres more work involved than we can imagine , more tees to cross and eyes to dot to get 30 ton tanks running around on the public highway . If it makes it any more worth while , the people that i have spoken, and that includes 2 tank owners about A and E are very much looking forward to the weekend , it will be great to get 10 WW2 tanks all in the same field and even better in convoy to Dorchester .

Keep up the good work ,

Thanks Adrian .

Two little questions:

How do I get a ticket if I don't bring a vehicle? - for an associate.

How do I prove my Pathfinder subscription at the gate? :-) I don't want one of the 'marshals' directing us into the gutter as none ticket holders! :shocked:

More or less the same Q as Ajmat.

I am considering driving in my normal car (Hotel Renault) for the event but can't plane for sure.

I can probably be sure a few weeks before the event.

Maybe a Brit friend will come if I do with a Jeep.

Last minute entries possible?

Will there be tradestalls?

Two little questions:

How do I get a ticket if I don't bring a vehicle? - for an associate.

How do I prove my Pathfinder subscription at the gate? :-) I don't want one of the 'marshals' directing us into the gutter as none ticket holders! :shocked:

Hi Ajmac - sorry for the delay in getting back to you. To be honest if I call pull all of the sponsorship together then everyone who would like to come can do for free and those who have paid their £15 will be refunded:D

In an earlier post I said that it is going to be a tight time line and it will be a last minute thing - in relative terms or course - not like 'hey A&E is on tomorrow' but we will have plenty of lead time.

But the relapse in my personal life was at a crucial time in the funding of A&E but Lottery Funding has advised that they would fund it next year if I was to do it again :nut:

So now I am on the case of private sponsorship which will be the deciding factor and I think I can do it so keep polishing your boots!!

Below is what I have just posted up on my Face Book and keeps me going....

WATCH THIS VIDEO - this has to be the most

powerful video or perhaps lesson I have ever seen. We all have tough

days, we all sometimes do not want to get up and face the day or days

ahead. But watch this clip - especially from 2 minutes in to 5

minutes...incredible.

yes please:kiss:

All I can say is BOOK YOUR WEEKEND OFF - WE ARE ROLLING INTO DORCHESTER IN TANKS!!

Funny enough this isn't down to me but down to a group of incredible people - more about that in due course but these are truely a bunch of incredible people.

I haven't had a drink since Christmas but tonight the pressure is semi off and to raise a toast I bought......

264.jpg