Any other interests outside of......

Lord Burley

Motocross

Have a suzuki rmz 250 wouldnt get rid of it for the world

Also love rugby play blind side flanker absolutely great

Like to play the odd game such as call of duty

and i know this is mv related but

model tank making have a realitavely big collection

Anywho annyone else like motocross or is it just me?

Many thanks

Al

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

I have been a fan in the past,we have a man in the yard who is disabled and spends most of his time restoring such machines just so he doesnt go crazy.

Scrambling..........ah the days of Matchless, BSA, Greeves,etc. and names like Arthur Lampkin, Jeff Smith, Dave Bickers. They would finish with so much mud on them that no one knew who won :-D

Those names bring back some memories:-D

Nah Bultaco trailers. 250cc. Got cocky with a 125 Passang scrambler after trials bikes. When it dumped me in a gorse bush I realised perhaps I should stick to 4 wheels and 4 legs. Still had a side line of the old Bantams and Tiger Cubs.

Motocross

Have a suzuki rmz 250 wouldnt get rid of it for the world

Also love rugby play blind side flanker absolutely great

Like to play the odd game such as call of duty

and i know this is mv related but

model tank making have a realitavely big collection

Anywho annyone else like motocross or is it just me?

Many thanks

Al

The nearest i got to motocross,was watching that program Kickstart,with Peter Purvis.Not really motocross,but close.I am mates with Johnny Hurran,who was pretty successful in the scene.

:idea:There are so many interesting hobbies our members have,i would like to hear,see pics etc.But that would need a section of its own,so theres another one to think about Jack.what do the rest of you think?.:idea:

To be honest, CW, we've not got room for any more boards like that at the moment - but I'd welcome seeing more snaps here - ESPECIALLY THOSE SCRAMBLING BIKES. I hope I didn't bore you all with the old banknotes.

BTW - Paul - late white fivers like that one are not so valuable. I bought that one for a whopping £9 in 1976 and at one time it was worth nearly a hundred, but the market has waned. Like everything, including MkII Jags and old comics, the speculators hit the thing hard in the eighties and early nineties. If you remember those lovely old pound notes, you should remember the little blue fiver before the classy one with Wellington on the back came in in 1970 (I haven't got one - a serious omission i'm in no rush to ammend)- are are you younger than you looked round Lee's campfire!!!!!

MB

are are you younger than you looked round Lee's campfire!!!!!

MB

:pfrt: How very dare you. I throw my glove down and demand satisfaction sir. :box:One handed mind.

It's been a hard life you know.

To be honest, CW, we've not got room for any more boards like that at the moment - but I'd welcome seeing more snaps here - ESPECIALLY THOSE SCRAMBLING BIKES. I hope I didn't bore you all with the old banknotes. MB

Not at all mate as i have said before the strength lies in the ability of this forum to go off on a tangent but eventually arrive back to the subject.Its become more than just a Vehicle forum,people want to know what everyone is up to ,its more like being down the pub.

jt160001.jpg

Guess who and what age.

Not at all mate as i have said before the strength lies in the ability of this forum to go off on a tangent but eventually arrive back to the subject.Its become more than just a Vehicle forum,people want to know what everyone is up to ,its more like being down the pub.

jt160001.jpg

Guess who and what age.

James Dean, age 12.

Me truck & me bike . Sorry chaps , it's not an off roader . :)

Truck on the left is 78 Ford Falcon (Australian for those not in the know. Been poorly hot rodded by a series of previous owners & currently sports a 302ci Windsor V8 instead of the original straight six . Pic taken the day I picked it up from Chiswick where it lived before. Now in my garage in a multitude of bits & heaps of rot . My purchase lead to a new hobby - importing large bits of Aus Ford tinwork across the world !

Bike on the right is my 98 Triumph Daytona 1200. Thinking of swapping it for something else but don't know what .

DSCF0009.jpg

Daytona1.jpg

Edited by snowtracdave
Added more info

jt160001.jpg

Guess who and what age.

Not the one and only CW?

but I will name the bike in one, a 197cc Ambassador with Villiers 9E engine.........:-D

Spot on,and if i remember it had an iron piston that kept seizing up.you had to wait for it to cool down.only 3 speed but very long legged.:-D

that was the engine and not the rider, I assume :)

Confession time,the ambassador was the brother inlaws,i had a bantam with 60 thou rebore ,clip ons and expansion box,but as usuall it was broke ,yet another headgasket,i was on the bike leaning on the wall.i went on to have severall hairy bikes (for ther day) but also collected in totall about 5 yrs ban.The last one was a Rickmam with the enfield 750 intercepter engine,have just sold the b40 and the trw500 so i guess thats it.:cry::cry::cry: i cant see any benefits in this getting old malarky.:argh:

Confession time,the ambassador was the brother inlaws,i had a bantam with 60 thou rebore ,clip ons and expansion box,but as usuall it was broke ,yet another headgasket,

i cant see any benefits in this getting old malarky.:argh:

CW,

So many similarities, I had a Bantam 175, tried to make it go faster, had a George Todd cylinder head and domed piston, then the clutch would slip :(. Had an expansion chamber, never understood how I was not pulled over. At traffic lights one day and a bloke got out of his car and told me to stop the engine :-D

Also had two B40 army bikes, and an M20, amongst a few more bikes.

As for your last comment, well not seen any benefits yet, bus pass in 3 years :shake:

I fiddle around with shiny bikes as well as drab ones.

p5180699xx6.th.jpg

Nice unusuall colour scheme,did the vibration prob ever get sorted,that they could suffer from.