Any other interests outside of......

Lord Burley

It was a standard scheme for 1975. Based I think on the previous sponsorship of the Race team by John Players using the Number 10 brand. I wouldn't want to give anyone the impression that I collect fag packets as well but I just happen to have one !

playersno10gr4.th.jpg

It's actually red and blue, not black. Weird scanner.

Late Commandos shake a bit more than earlier ones and some of the replacement isolastic rubbers are too hard but I've recently fitted a rose-jointed head steady which has tightened up the handling and reduced the low rev shudder a bit.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
It was a standard scheme for 1975. Based I think on the previous sponsorship of the Race team by John Players using the Number 10 brand. I wouldn't want to give anyone the impression that I collect fag packets as well but I just happen to have one !

playersno10gr4.th.jpg

It's actually red and blue, not black. Weird scanner.

Late Commandos shake a bit more than earlier ones and some of the replacement isolastic rubbers are too hard but I've recently fitted a rose-jointed head steady which has tightened up the handling and reduced the low rev shudder a bit.

Thats great mate ,i had in 60s a dommie 88 and an es2,my mate had a series c rapide engine in a featherbed frame .happy days.its a shame we didnt have this digital photo malarky then.

Since 12 days I'm the proud father of my son Hugo which takes up most of my time now.

I've always been into Scouting, been a leader for almost 13 years but stopped last month. After moving from Arnhem to Veghel it became too much (120km round trip just to attend the meeting).

Furthermore it's WWII that rocks my boat, have been travelling all over Europe to see the sites and spent a lot of my time reading and studying the major battles. A few years ago, when I still had time I started my battlefields website: http://www.ww2battlefields.com but it has been neglected since. I do have plans to work on it more.

I'm a member and webmaster of the Screaming Ducks living history association and am the webmaster of HMVF, HMVFTV and Videoads.

All of this leaves very little time for my Dodge WC 51... :(

Other interests? Well lots I suppose but like many on this forum they tend to have a mechanical bent. Cars, Bikes, Trucks, Engines basically anything oily and greasy that can be dismantled-put back together and leave bits left over on the bench and still work! I collect pocket watches for those rainy dark nights when going out to the shed isn’t very appealing. Breathing is a good hobby that I hope to continue for many years. Processing alcohol into p*ss I am proficient at this and will always help others if they have an alcohol surplus. The following photos show my Jaguar 340 outside Browns Lane, my Jaguar XKR with one of my favourite aircraft (no prize offered but who will identify the location?), me on my Triumph Daytona at a track day, my brand new Dodge 8L V10 engine that I am looking for a suitable project for. There’s more, so many things to be interested in, how do some people find time to be bored?

340 at Browns Lane.jpg

XKR and Lightning.jpg

Daytona at Rockingham.jpg

dodge v10.jpg

dodge v10 2.jpg

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Clarkson's lawn?

I i think we need a classic speed boat for your engine,you have enough rubber on the rd.i will watch out for one:cool2:

Only two states,Busy or asleep,nice to see your filling your time up with lots of very ungreen past times.CW

I i think we need a classic speed boat for your engine,you have enough rubber on the rd.i will watch out for one:cool2:

Only two states,Busy or asleep,nice to see your filling your time up with lots of very ungreen past times.CW

Boat has been suggested CW, I have been lead to believe that the 8L V10 has been fitted to some quick racing boats so who knows?

Sorry Degsy nice try, incidentally it was a Jaguar press car and was lent to Clarkson I even have his Autograph in my service book and my car appears on one of his DVD’s, so close but no.

Other interests? Well lots I suppose but like many on this forum they tend to have a mechanical bent. Cars, Bikes, Trucks, Engines basically anything oily and greasy that can be dismantled-put back together and leave bits left over on the bench and still work! I collect pocket watches for those rainy dark nights when going out to the shed isn’t very appealing. Breathing is a good hobby that I hope to continue for many years. Processing alcohol into p*ss I am proficient at this and will always help others if they have an alcohol surplus. The following photos show my Jaguar 340 outside Browns Lane, my Jaguar XKR with one of my favourite aircraft (no prize offered but who will identify the location?), me on my Triumph Daytona at a track day, my brand new Dodge 8L V10 engine that I am looking for a suitable project for. There’s more, so many things to be interested in, how do some people find time to be bored?
At last!Someone on here with similar interests to me.Love the XKR.I had one of the first XK,s when they were launched back in 96.My old man used to export a lot of Mk II Jags out to the states back in the early 70,s.Regarding the Viper V10.Then your next project could be to bung it in one of these babies......

100_9579-1.jpg

Ultima GTR.The ultimate track day warrior.A lot of owners opt for the Chevy Corvette powered LS lumps,on the basis that they are nigh on indestructable,and they are ripe for modding and extracting big power from them.I couldnt see any reason not to bung your Dodge lump in one of these.The Ultima still unofficially holds the record for the fastest lap around the Top Gear test track at Dunsfold.

(Soon to be) Mrs Grasshopper thoroughly approves of your Jag 340 Nigel.

Ah so her dodgy taste in men is nicely balanced by very good taste in motor vehicles:). When I sort the clutch out (small problem something to do with the cosmos not allowing me to have everything working all at the same time, fix one break one that’s the way it goes) I shall pay you a visit with Mrs Ratty and we shall go to the pub in the Jag.

Blimey! I go away for a few days and look what happens! We had a Saab v4 in our workshop the other week for a load of work, it only had about 20,000 miles on the clock. If I had of known your interest in banknotes Snapper you could have had loads which I found in my Grandfathers shed. He was a sailor in the early part of the century , I had banknotes from all over the world from very early ones. Didnt know what else to do with them so stuck them on evilbay.