Any other interests outside of......

Lord Burley

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I manage to get away from work I do battle with the garden - wouldn't call myself a gardener , just try to keep the place tidy & reasonably presentable - occasionally I make a bit of time to play with the trucks , you can see some of my other toys listed at the bottom , I hope to get the Falcon welded up & rebuilt while I can still just about afford to feed it with petrol (302ci V8). And I avoid Saturday night tv by being out with my band - realisation dawned this weekend that we've been playing in our current guise for eight years and sixteen altogether , before that is ancient history & me as frontman to another band ! The Milestone in Ipswich was packed tonight so we must still be doing something right - apart from enjoying ourselves and taking nothing other than the music seriously . Oh , didn't say - used to play bass a hundred years ago,gave it up when I got married , now I sing , play a bit of percussion , run the lighting rig and cart large quantities of gear round North East Essex and Suffolk ! (If you'd like to see how un-serious we are the band website is www.sadattheclinic.co.uk )

Loads of interests outside Land Rovers and MVs but with a definite historcal or mechanical bias. Main ones would be classic plant and machinery and railways (especially the Irish narrow gauge) plus military history. Always have to have a book or mag to hand acompanied by a glass of red if not otherwise occupied.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
The MV hobby.I will start the ball rolling.As we all know.Catweazle is very keen on boats and fishing.Anyone else..................

Fishing where did that come from,I thought what a good thread,then later i find out the reason.:n00b:

My hobbies are

Part time concert pianist

Choral society

Astronamy

Trade unionist

And Pursuit of the arsefarts pre 39.

Fishing where did that come from,I thought what a good thread,then later i find out the reason.:n00b:

My hobbies are

Part time concert pianist

Choral society

Astronamy

Trade unionist

And Pursuit of the arsefarts pre 39.

Well seeing as there is a pic in the office from the angling times of you holding some fish you caught,i thought it was one of your hobbies.Part time concert pianist!!Where the F**k did that one come from??!

Well seeing as there is a pic in the office from the angling times of you holding some fish you caught,i thought it was one of your hobbies.Part time concert pianist!!Where the F**k did that one come from??!

Hidden depths,That photo is a montage mock up.By a friend as a joke.and was 20 yrs ago.

So CW has hidden talents? Well I was a church choirboy in a former life - I even sang the solo to Once in Royal David's City. I still know the words to most hymns and carols but you do NOT want to hear me sing :shake:.

I also collect cacti (low maintenance!), enjoy learning and using foreign languages & maintain an interest in low-carbon and renewable energy systems with a view to one day integrating them into a house to become fully energy-neutral.

Work is engineering & automation for theatres and entertainment venues so I also have an interest in theatrical machinery and backstage equipment (I'm far less interested in what goes on at the front of the stage!)

- Mike

Blimey, that's just about enough dosh to fill up the diesel tanks on my boat! :captain:

I clicked on this and now wonder if I should admit to anything. Ah go for it! Railway modelling, strictly 4mm scale and LMS/War Department 1942/45 period. Listening to Big Band jazz and ZZ Top. Hoping one day I can sit still long enough to write a book or possibly a 'sitcom'. Ultimate aim is to own a '69 Dodge Charger R/T and a Dodge Viper er and a Dodge Challenger and a Plymouth Superbee and a Dodge........ Just normal interests really.

Phil P.