Landrover Gallery.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Duxford2004.jpg

Duxford 2004,what a nice restoration,most of these i havnt seen again,what happens to them?

Hi Guys,Just to let you know the 2a that was at Bletchley Park has still been doing the show scene in the south east since that photo,btw the fw hubs have now been taken off!it was one of ten procured for a contract and the plate states fire control unit and after further research it was found to be a project vehicle for the Rapier system,thanks to a guy in the 101 club i have a couple of photos of sister vehicles and would guess given the condition of it that it spent a large part of it's life sitting around a BAE factory someplace,Mick.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,Just to let you know the 2a that was at Bletchley Park has still been doing the show scene in the south east since that photo,btw the fw hubs have now been taken off!it was one of ten procured for a contract and the plate states fire control unit and after further research it was found to be a project vehicle for the Rapier system,thanks to a guy in the 101 club i have a couple of photos of sister vehicles and would guess given the condition of it that it spent a large part of it's life sitting around a BAE factory someplace,Mick.

Hi Mick,bit confused picture is s1.but thanks for update.

hills67darjeeling.jpg

hills70darjeeling.jpg

Pictures taken in the hills ,Darjeeling.I wonder what Deep Shilipi is ,and how do you get out of it if you fall in it.

Edited by catweazle (Banned Member)

Just come across some pics of my series one - never traced the military history as there was too little to go on . Previous owner sold the reg which was LYN519 - it now has an age related number but unfortunately was badly burned when the present owner's barn was struck by lightening . (NB : Photograph taken many years ago when I had considerably more hair and considerably less years - 1982)

LYN519jpg.jpg

Edited by snowtracdave

HI i hate that when they loose there reg,no guesses why yours was popular.i was offered a load of money for mine because he had xpx1 and mine was xpx12 wanted it for his wife,he said everthing had a price,he found out that day how wrong he was.thanks for pic.