Landrover Gallery.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Jonathan-Landrover.jpg

not much of a land rover pic but its the history board of my land rover and i am not 100% on the rear link detactment because i cant find anymore info at all but all other dates match up any help or other information would be great

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you CW, :tup::

One of my restorations, whilst working for the Queen :), about 13 years ago. The guys are looking after it well.

Richard

Allways had a soft spot for these,look good in any weather.

Thank you CW, :tup::

One of my restorations, whilst working for the Queen :), about 13 years ago. The guys are looking after it well.

Richard

so you know Steve Shirley then?

was given a private tour of RAF Manston's sheds before the museum was set up. Was down there on a ATC summer camp at time, my dad knows Steve from fire helmet collecting.

Mark

so you know Steve Shirley then?

Yes Mark,

Small world is'nt it :).

After restoring the TACR1 and the ex-Royal Navy Dennis F12 for the museum, I suggested to Steve to bring them to Beltring, probably 1996. While at the show, he saw the need for a co-ordinated fire service for the event and the rest is history.

Richard

Yes Mark,

Small world is'nt it :).

After restoring the TACR1 and the ex-Royal Navy Dennis F12 for the museum, I suggested to Steve to bring them to Beltring, probably 1996. While at the show, he saw the need for a co-ordinated fire service for the event and the rest is history.

Richard

I havnt seen/spoke to him for a while, lost track of the fire engine world when we sold the Austin Gipsy fire tender, is he still at RAF Northolt?

All the best

Mark

You SOLD a Gipsy Fire Tender! :shocked: :cry: Still want one again very much.

yes, money went towards the ex usaf chevy police car, mind you, the gipsy needed a bit of work doing to it, also was prone to vapour lock!!!

Mark

You SOLD a Gipsy Fire Tender! :shocked: :cry: Still want one again very much.

No he said he sold a fire engine to a Gypsy:rofl:

Can anyone tell me what the marking is on the left fender of the Land Rover above?

Matt.

Have had another look at the picture and i may be wrong about location.

Eastern Arabia.no other help i am afraid.Its from a book ,The story of the RASC and RCT 1945-1982.

Hi CW,

Could still be in Aden,I have seen other photos taken in Aden with the HQ Land Forces Persian Gulf marking,I just never knew what it was before!.

Anyone want to hazard a guess at what colour the camo on the Landy and second RL is? sand obviously but are the dark areas green or black? my guess is black.

Matt.

Hi CW,

Could still be in Aden,I have seen other photos taken in Aden with the HQ Land Forces Persian Gulf marking,I just never knew what it was before!.

Anyone want to hazard a guess at what colour the camo on the Landy and second RL is? sand obviously but are the dark areas green or black? my guess is black.

Matt.

I would say black,Clive may know.

butt i,ve seen them brown when i used to go to the sails at doddington. we used two buy a few humnber trucks for 50 quid each & nock em out to th punters for fife times that. those were the dayes. not like that now mate. i,ve got some puctures to show the brwon bits. but sum of you lot will sa the brwon is black just becawse it,s in black & whit. or may bee they weare pruple as well/

Mod Edited.. mind your language please this is a family show.. thank you.

Edited by Marmite!!

Bertie I think your memory may be playing tricks. I assume you must be referring to OSDC Ruddington. In fact Humber GS Trucks reached £80-£100 & often sold for about £250 from the dealers. As for the pictures, I thought photography was prohibited.:nono: