A.E.C. Militant MK 1 Gallery

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Think this deserves a picture here as think its the right place , was seen on my travels might be passing again soon , it doesn't look to have moved in a while , I take it that you would need a HGV license to drive one of these , or might some be classed as a recovery truck that could be driven on a car license ?

silverbusplusyouthsdadsbuspics245.jpg

This other one I put pics up in scrap yard finds was seen last week , not sure what MK it is , but the chap seemed to think it was a Matador ? Its just begging to be saved , there was too many bramble briers for me to see if the engine would still turn , don't think it will but you never know ,, What will one of these weigh without the rear body , just noticed the sprung tow hook

silverbusplusyouthsdadsbuspics244.jpg

Think this deserves a picture here as think its the right place , was seen on my travels might be passing again soon , it doesn't look to have moved in a while , I take it that you would need a HGV license to drive one of these , or might some be classed as a recovery truck that could be driven on a car license ?

silverbusplusyouthsdadsbuspics245.jpg

This other one I put pics up in scrap yard finds was seen last week , not sure what MK it is , but the chap seemed to think it was a Matador ? Its just begging to be saved , there was too many bramble briers for me to see if the engine would still turn , don't think it will but you never know ,, What will one of these weigh without the rear body , just noticed the sprung tow hook

silverbusplusyouthsdadsbuspics244.jpg

Last picture is matador 6x6 rather than militant (although I think they were referred to by their model number rather than called matador in 6 wheel configuration) With nothing on the back there is probably a good 7.5 or 8 ton there. Its done well to avoid the scrap man through all the recent clearouts people have had due to environmental regulations &high scrap prices. Are you thinking of taking it on as a project?

Last picture is matador 6x6 rather than militant (although I think they were referred to by their model number rather than called matador in 6 wheel configuration) With nothing on the back there is probably a good 7.5 or 8 ton there. Its done well to avoid the scrap man through all the recent clearouts people have had due to environmental regulations &high scrap prices. Are you thinking of taking it on as a project?

It belongs to a haulier ( his fathers old truck ) that is also a scrap man so if thats the weight he'll probably want 700 plus , I don't have a clue to its value as a restoration project but like always the cheaper the better ,

I'd think the running gear under the rear body might not be to bad

The one with the Hy-ab type crane looks better for restoration ,, next time I'm over near this one I'll ask if they may sell it without the Hy-ab as it does not look to have moved in a while

Edited by phil munga

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Does it say where the Milly is?

Jules

Lancashire is the only info mate ! It says to contact Roland Sparling via the mag and that its all in working order ! There is also an ex Swiss Army Magirus Deutz Uranus next it on death row !:cry:

If it's road registered, and M.O.T. exempt I might have to give it a go!

Jules

Well done that man ! It does say its 1957 but it does not mention registration and it is not displaying a number plate on the photo ! If I can help out I'd love to mate ! :D