A.E.C. Militant MK 1 Gallery

Looks like I got a bit over excited about the PTO, it is a gash job. In my defence, i have never looked at a MK1 Militant engine cover before and i thought the recess where the pto handle is was not normal. I hope to spend a few hours getting it running tomorrow. does anyone have a brake system schematic that they could email me.

Cheers Dan

IMG_0212.jpg

does anyone have a brake system schematic that they could email me.

Cheers Dan

I've got various diagrams from the drivers handbook etc, and if you look at my restoration blog you'll see I've just had my entire rear system in bits, what do you need to know? and where would you like me to send it?

• 1 month later...

Chaps,

Hope no one minds but I've just save a LOT of the pics from this thread for reference material. Late next year if all goes to plan we`ll be adding a Mk1 Militant 6x6 to the 1/24th scale model line up....will be a nice stable mate for the Matador I think.

When the time comes I'll be asking around for some kind sole to let me photograph & measure their Mili to death. Hopefully someone will chuck up an offer of assistance :).

Excellent gallery too by the way. Enjoyed it very much.

Thanks.

Howard @ KFS

http://www.kitformservices.com

Chaps,

Hope no one minds but I've just save a LOT of the pics from this thread for reference material. Late next year if all goes to plan we`ll be adding a Mk1 Militant 6x6 to the 1/24th scale model line up....will be a nice stable mate for the Matador I think.

When the time comes I'll be asking around for some kind sole to let me photograph & measure their Mili to death. Hopefully someone will chuck up an offer of assistance :).

Thanks.

Howard @ KFS

www.kitformservices.com[/quote

Fill your boots, as far as I am concerned, if you want a specific photo or measurement from mine just let us know.

Chaps,

Thanks.

Howard @ KFS

www.kitformservices.com[/quote

Fill your boots, as far as I am concerned, if you want a specific photo or measurement from mine just let us know.

Ditto!

Jules

Looking good ! Alright, it maybe a bit slow with heavy steering but at least they run very quietly with almost no engine noise in the cab.

If you do find these symptoms be sure to check for the bar connecting you to the Scammell that is towing you along :cool2:

What an absolute cracker, you got a bargain there! I didn't realise it had a HIAB as well, I presume it all works? Did you get enough spare tyres with it? I still think your back wheels are on inside out. :-D

What's the stalk under the steering wheel? has some one moved the indicators, or is that the cruise control?

Steering shouldn't be "that" heavy especially when on the move, perhaps you need an extra shredded wheet or something! Anyway the grin factor should help you over ride any issues like that.

Eaurouge, this may sound like nit-picking but it's really just curiosity.............like Zero-Five-Two, I think the rear wheels on your magnificent Milly are the "wrong" way round. Militant hubs don't usually protrude that much and the shallow side of the wheel seems to be facing outwards. Having said that, I'm surprised that 14:00 or 15:00 wheels can be fitted "inside out" without the tyre fouling the spring pivot. Wot's going on ? We should be told !

Edited by 6 X 6

Will take a look at the weekend... nothing seems to be rubbing or anything so very strange! The advice is appreciated.. Although the thought of swapping the wheels around is daunting!

Eaurouge, this may sound like nit-picking but it's really just curiosity.............like Zero-Five-Two, I think the rear wheels on your magnificent Milly are the "wrong" way round. Militant hubs don't usually protrude that much and the shallow side of the wheel seems to be facing outwards. Having said that, I'm surprised that 14:00 or 15:00 wheels can be fitted "inside out" without the tyre fouling the spring pivot. Wot's going on ? We should be told !

Has anyone else seen this on ebay?

Peter

Oh dear, that old girl has seen better days. Chassis and cab look fairly complete, but that will take a hell of a lot of time, effort and money to make her presentable again.

Ad says reserve not met, wonder how much he is hoping to get

• 1 month later...

Some pics of the baby now she has arrived... Christ how slow... how heavy steering! How big a smile![ATTACH=CONFIG]51409[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51408[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51407[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51410[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51411[/ATTACH]
UUp for sale on milweb now....what happened fallen out with it already?...:embarrassed:

A combinations of issues.. I do like it.. problem is to get to any shows with it from my location will take too long. So looking for something a bit quicker... still runs great and is an amazing thing just not practical enough for me to use in anyway - and with storage 20 mins + from home I am not able to give it the attention I want!