A.E.C. Militant MK 1 Gallery

belonged to Richard Grovenor, who was a member on here some time ago. He sold it in the end to Dave Crouch I think, along with his FH70. God knows where it is now.

Simon, that seems somewhat of an “odd” pairing - if the previous owner Richard Grovenor (or, subsequent owner Dave Crouch), ever did show/exhibit the pair together?!

I would have expected the Mk1 Militant to have been paired with a 5.5” gun, or maybe a Bofors AA.

I was working for Fodens during the 1970s, when they were producing the “tractor” specifically for the (relatively modern) FH70.

• 3 months later...

Doesn't look in too bad a condition, (in the photo) Might help his selling if he could spell Militant right. Looks like he has a second one down at the other end of the barn. Perhaps he hasn't found that one yet :D

I spoke to the seller today, who seems a genuine type. It's not registered yet, but is almost certainly 1955 as he claims. I would buy it as it's M.O.T. exempt, but the price is OTT. The seller said he'd paid £7500 for it, hence the starting bid, and someone has already offered £7000. I wished him good luck!

Jules

He didn't mention another or offer me one. I can't decide if the one in the background is another Militant. If he gets what he's asking it can only be good for the rest of us owners, but with fuel prices going up weekly again, I think he'll be lucky to achieve that price.

Jules

Could be he mentioned the £7k to give the impression the £8k asking price was reasonable. I would suggest that if he paid £7.5K for something he only intended to sell on he wasn't expecting a big profit margin. Shall keep watching, see if it sells or if it comes round again in a week or so

Quote "Just noticed A Smith models have added an AEC to their range ! Looks very smart !"

Smarter still in 1/24th scale though:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

H

http://www.kitformservices.com

Imagine a mk 3 Militant with crane lifting an engine from the Conqueror with an Explorer standing by just in case and all in 1/24th ! Excuse me I need a lie down , I've come over all strange ! :nut::nut::nut::nut::nut:

Imagine a mk 3 Militant with crane lifting an engine from the Conqueror with an Explorer standing by just in case and all in 1/24th ! Excuse me I need a lie down , I've come over all strange ! :nut::nut::nut::nut::nut:

That is strange for you Andy, why 1/24th instead of full size?

• 2 weeks later...