A.E.C. Militant MK 1 Gallery

• 3 weeks later...

she is down in south wales but is in a right mess you will find that the moss is holding her together in places i exspect she is for sale but will not be cheap i will ask !some bits have been taken off and is not complete the 2 rear wheels are flat and the rest have cracks in the walls and treads :cry:

she is down in south wales but is in a right mess you will find that the moss is holding her together in places i exspect she is for sale but will not be cheap i will ask !some bits have been taken off and is not complete the 2 rear wheels are flat and the rest have cracks in the walls and treads :cry:

'Ere we go again............. it can sit in the woods for twenty years plus, looking at the trees, and be left there to rot away to nothing if undiscovered. All of a sudden someone wants to buy it and it "Wont be cheap". :???

Not near Sennybridge and the Brecons by any chance?? - a place of infamy if ever there was one!!!

'Ere we go again............. it can sit in the woods for twenty years plus, looking at the trees, and be left there to rot away to nothing if undiscovered. All of a sudden someone wants to buy it and it "Wont be cheap". :???

Isn't it always the way..... :cry: :cry:

as i said i would ask the owner how much he wants ive had a good look round it today the starter has gone, seats, dash, the cab has gone on the n/s rear of the door and front all the back body box at the rear and the side lockers dont look very healthy ether ( didnt want to poke around to much didnt want to get a shower of rust ) all the rear lights are missing most of the glass has been broken and thats just getting started the bad news is the bloke is looking at :shocked: £2250 :argh: for it it is a shame to see it going that way but you would need a week to get it out of were she is and you carnt even get in to her to get parts off it, its to well boxed in :cry::cry::cry:

08062009480.jpg

The comment.........."A sad end of a lovely truck" just about sums it up. Why do people have to be so bloody minded when selling something as desirable as that. It's worth realistically about five hundred quid, bearing in mind the time it would take to get it out of the woods.

He should be grateful that someone wants to take it away and use the parts to keep others alive. What is the point of being so greedy. Maybe that is the reason it's still sitting there. No doubt what's left of it will still be sitting there in another twenty years time.

May it rest in peace as a monument to the greed of a small minded seller. :cry:

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

The local councill have the powers to enter private land to remove vehicles they deem to be a hazard or polutant.maybe a call from the local office asking him if he has a waiste disposal licence may prompt him to shift it.Oh dear no licence ,would you like us to remove it for you Sir save prosecution.Its remarkable what a clip board and a white coat gets away with.Mind you its not the rarest truck in town is it.

He cant be that clever otherwise it would be in China by now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Forgot to take a picture, but one was (Mk1 / Mk2) on the sawbench at Pickering. After the demo, It lifted the wooden Rack saw, a cast iron saw bench, and the Forson E27N Petrol Paraffin Major, that had been spinning up the Racksaw, with the Hydraulic loader, and stowed the whole lot neatly on the back platform, ready for the nexst outing.

• 1 month later...