Matador Gallery

I wonder what happened to the Plymouth pair, kept at Laira Bridge for years as mentioned in one of the above links. No- one seems to know, so I suspect they were cut up- but it'd be nice to think they are still hidden away around here somewhere. Laira Bridge is a few minutes walk from my student house.

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd add a picture of my Matador to the gallery - there is actually a picture of it in here before, but it's not quite as good as it was in the previous picture (you may notice some of the cab roof is missing now). I've had it about 6 months now, and before that it's been stored outside for at least 18 years. It's one of the 17 converted to petrol engines in 1940, for the Norwegian Campaign. It ended up registerd 95YY47, and if anyone has any info, or pictures of this vehicle, I'd very much appreciate it. The RLC Museum at Deepcut couldn't really provide any info on it, so I'm finding it quite difficult to work out it's history.

Cheers

mat..jpg

From same manual, cab interior controls etc, explaining why Matadors have a butterfly in the air intake pipe to which the other manuals never make mention!

Airpub3.jpg

Airpub4.jpg

Airpub5.jpg

Airpub6.jpg

Airpub7.jpg

I have never seen a Matador with the control 13 fitted, but when it was it was for Etherlet starting..

Edited by antarmike