Matador Gallery

EDW 92 is still around as here it was at the Evesham Steam Rally in 2009.

I assume that it is now one of Paul Fowler's machines, he seems to be the largest single owner of douglas tractors and I assume the photo he posted was taken in his yard, and all the Mats and Douglas's are now in his care...

I assume that it is now one of Paul Fowler's machines, he seems to be the largest single owner of douglas tractors and I assume the photo he posted was taken in his yard, and all the Mats and Douglas's are now in his care...

i think edw 92 is now owned by SE Davis

that one is NCL 217........the picture of EDW was taken about 15 years ago , i only have one and a bit douglas loggers at the moment
No, not that photo... the previous photo in post #850, The Mat, middle of shot looks like a JUV Edited by antarmike

yes that was juv, i sold that one years ago at one point that one and the automower stood in the gravel pit with the douglas john keeley bought, the one similar to yours........as far as i know juv is still near wokingham

Hopefully the pictures will load on this link as for some reason they weren't for me. Here is JUV in it's current guise for anyone that hasn't seen it before. http://aec.fotopic.net/p62491462.html

Edited by Smithy

Re Ivor Ramsdens 1st Matador gallery dated 24/11/2010, the second photo shows a green Matador in the livery of James Jones timber merchants, this was based at Beckdale sawmill in Helmsley, North Yorkshire, I think this is now owned by the Wall brothers of Ampleforth, if I am correct this is still in regular use.

The 4th photo the Matador pictured belonged to Eric Clark, who was (or still is) a plant hire contractor, he also had a Mk1 Militant that was used as a snowplough. I used to know Eric and he rarely scrapped anything so they are probably still in his yard between Kirkbymoorside & the Welburn turning. I have just looked on Google maps and the Militant is visible but a lot of things are in the shadows.

Hello Rog8811, I'm not surprised they are still there, I moved down south over 25 years ago, and they were parked up then, as I said earlier he never scrapped anything or sold anything, he even picked up bent nails on building sites he was working on and took them home to straighten them!

• 2 weeks later...
Now there is an idea!

they dont belong to me, nephew james has bought bcs 960 the pye douglas with the leyland 400 in, the rear body has been dismantled so that bit needs rebuilding but the rest of it is very good . the george walker douglas is a running chassis with the cab scuttle remaining so needs a bit of work joe has found this one ,perhaps a douglas tractor gathering could be in the pipeline for rushden 2011?:D

If it was Rushden 2012 I could make it with the 6x6 Douglas timber tractor HMW 436, but 2011 I think would be a bit optimistic. we are currently rebuilding the cab, and are about half way through.

Edward Brown

If it was Rushden 2012 I could make it with the 6x6 Douglas timber tractor HMW 436, but 2011 I think would be a bit optimistic. we are currently rebuilding the cab, and are about half way through.

Edward Brown

2011 could be the start to see how it goes then a proper gathering in 2012

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unbelievable anyone would fit a driven front axle but leave transfer box out so only 4X2 what a strange old world we live in

Unbelievable anyone would fit a driven front axle but leave transfer box out so only 4X2 what a strange old world we live in

Quite a number were built to this spec from parts allocated to a cancelled Ministry contract. Two at least were in Rush Green Motors.

Post war, rationing, make do and mend, needs must, mentality........

(all the forward winching, winch rollers are also fitted even though there is no winch!)