WAR & PEACE July 14th-July 24th 2006.

Karoshi

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there :D

A lot of people whinge about the facilities at war and peace but if the showers are crap......take your own.

If the food is crap.......take your own.

Expensive beer..........you know what to do!

Beltring dust..............OK that one I can't solve.... :(

My only gripe is the way people drive round like looneys at night.

It only needs one accident and the safety police would come down like a ton of bricks.

I'll be there :D

A lot of people whinge about the facilities at war and peace but if the showers are crap......take your own.

If the food is crap.......take your own.

Expensive beer..........you know what to do!

Beltring dust..............OK that one I can't solve.... :(

My only gripe is the way people drive round like looneys at night.

It only needs one accident and the safety police would come down like a ton of bricks.

Well said Rob, get a bit fed up hearing people bark on about how crap & expensive W&P is but have you noticed that these same people continue to go every year..

Don't get rid of the dust it would'nt be the same without it..

i love W & P and we share a plot between severnside & gloucestershire MVT. we hire our own toilets so no gripes there.

i love the atmosphere, i love the nightlife, i love the people & i love the shopping. yes there can be a few inconsiderates but hey thats life.

Asda is just up the road for shopping and if you haven't got transport you can use the free bus into paddock wood every 30 mins throughout the day & go to waitrose or the local butcher,baker & fruit & veg shop.

it is what you make it & I like my W & P to be fun.

Berni the beltring buff

Let's face it the facilities at W&P are crap (pun intended) but it would be worth camping in a swamp to get that mix of people and bargain hunting.

My great idea for a better Beltring (apart from the many ablution related ones) is to get rid of that b****y helicopter and give the extra space to the displays. (I need more room for my tent and radio mast :cry: )

• 1 month later...

My brother and me will go to Beltring again this year, our 7th time.

We normally try to get a spot in the America's field on the right side of the road in the middle.

We meet up with British friends there, we like to visit the UK!

Maybe I'll see some of you there.

Rang the War and Peace people uptoday and got the booking for the Stalwart changed to my name! Left me £25 lighter in the wallet area as the previous owner was a member of IMVP so had free entry :D

Anyways - looks like we'll be in the America's field too so if you see a Mk 2 Stalwart with the reg mark of RCD 233 G come and say hello!!

I'm aiming to get there on the Wednesday evening after work (all being well) and will have a tent - civvy I'm afraid for now - to basha down in till the weekend!

Neil,

Our group with be in the Americas field from Monday, we're bringing a few vehicles down from the East Midlands this year.

So far we have:

CVR(W) Fox

CVR(T) Spartan

CVR(T) Striker

Ferret Mk 1/2

Land Rover Lightweight

Austin K2

and hopefully an FV432 Mk 1

Hope to see you there.

Chris

Anyone wishing to attend this show and wanting to share a community pitch, speak up. Exhibiting vehicles £25:00 per week includes 2 Adult and 2 Child passes. Free camping.

Will be booking, 2nd/3rd week of January 2006. Community area space limited, so First come First Served. Full payment to W&P required

upfront.

Look forward to seeing you.

What field are you on karoshi??? All I know right now is the vehicle is booked in and it's on the Amrica's field - reading through the thread again and this one in particular raises the question - does you pitch the tent beside your vehicle or what?? It's dawning on me that I know absolutely nothing of what to do other than how to get there! :? :shock: :?

Hi , i want a camping pitch in the Vehicle area, when do i have to book by?

IE i wanna be with my vehcile in the display area, not in the camping civvy one.... idea the showside the of the bridge!

im still not sure how to book this

Book in as a vehicle exhibitor, park up in the show fields and stick your tent up next to your vehicle. You'll need to get there early in the week though, towards the end of the week the place is usually full and they're sticking people on any spare bit of grass in any of the fields!

Chris

why does that Pig have a Smoke launcher on its wing?

With quite a lot of the people who attend W&P anything is correct as long as it looks 'cool'.... look at all the Sand & Green Mk 2 Pigs driving around last year.

The people who annoy me most though, and a lot of people can annoy me, are the people with either no vehicles and a huge camp in the Americas field, or that lot with the M38A1 (look out for them, you'll see it driving around the stalls when it shouldn't be) with big suspension, huge tyres and US Army stenciled on the side. It looks daft and they have no military tents etc but take up more space than us. I guess the only reason they are there is because they pay, but it's not really fair to those of use who make the effort....

Rant over!

:roll:

Chris

i did joke with a friend about painting my pig white! but alas, i have seen pics in belfast in the 80's when at xmas they were!

Yes the Sand colour of a MK2 pig is rather odd! as im sure they would be a disaster on gravel! let alone sand! hehehe why not take around the arena tank course! let play strip the halfshafts!

Im a bit ashamed that im going to fit a drop pin tow hitch!

But i should go all out and fit a bofors on the roof and spray a US logo on the door.... of my MK1 pig hehe