WAR & PEACE July 14th-July 24th 2006.

Karoshi

Anyone wishing to attend this show and wanting to share a community pitch, speak up. Exhibiting vehicles £25:00 per week includes 2 Adult and 2 Child passes. Free camping.

Will be booking, 2nd/3rd week of January 2006. Community area space limited, so First come First Served. Full payment to W&P required

upfront.

Look forward to seeing you.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning. Its getting near booking time for the War & Peace show. Space is at a premium, and individuals have a hard time finding space 'cos its all "reserved" by the early birds, who mark out and claim vast tracts of land. Then hold it till relieved.

Thought I might do the same. BUT have to submit official entry and payment to W&P. Last year all community areas were pre booked by the time of the January Stoneleigh show !!

Trying to stay ahead of the game.

As our leader you ARE coming? Aren't you!

we have our own space each year & also have our own portaloos. we have 3 booked for next year show & i think there is about 25 of us going. we share a pitch between Severnside & Gloucestershire MVT.

we go from saturday - following sunday & others join us through the week.

we always have an ace time

some members don't like paying the £25.00 but i think its excellant value for money. you get the weeks camping & the chance to look round the stalls & chat & relax & for 4 people i reckon it's a bargain.

ta

Berni

Hi Ashley, well early days yet but it will all be in the timing. I'm personally hoping to make the week of it so will travel Sat. Be very pleased to link up with anybody and convoy if we can agree times. Its just short of 90 miles from Portsmouth, and you're what, ....60 miles further on?

The logistics of travel is not so important at this moment, I'm trying to guage interest i.e. How BIG an area do we need to stake out.

I'll pencil you in as an MV and tent, whilst we think it through.

Oddballs in and one other, both with jeep and trailers. So its looking good. I hope to take the Jimmy.

Anybody else from your way interested ?

Hi Karoshi,

definately put me down as a recruit :D

Do bear in mind that most groups do not actually pay to get thier vehicles, displays on site so may be a call to rex if we are going under the banner as the HMVF may be a worth while tactic ?? if not for this year but future years.

I will try and press gang some volunteers but some the local lads resent paying the entrance fee :( But there is one keen jeep owner and another friend has brought a Kuble (mind you it is still in bits) keen to get to some shows

Ashley

Thanks Ashley, I note your comments about entry fees etc, but tried that. Unless we present yourselves as a Living History Group i.e. Re enactment, and put on a display, we pay for entry.

Maybe next year. But I won't be organising that! Just thought it would be nice that forum members could bivvy seperately, together.

I've put your name down and will come back to you.

Hi Karoshi

Just reading about fees for War and Peace, last year myself and a few had a club called C&C motorcycle and military vehicle club I arranged through Barbara and Rex Cadman our area in the america's field where we had 10+ vehicles and tents etc. all for £10 each including two tags for family members, we all went for a total of 11 days from the Thursday to the Sunday, I actually went down the previous weekend and pegged out the area for the camp site which is the earliest you are allowed to do this as there are other shows on before hand.

If you like, get a list together and give it to me and I will talk to Barbara and see what sort of a deal can be arranged, I have a good relationship with her and might be able to do this. Have to be quick as I have already got the entry forms for next year.

Mark

Mark, that's good, thanks mate. The message I got was somewhat different, but then so was the info on "support" vehicles. This appears to have changed since last year too. Now charged.

Please do ask for us, I know there are several members out there with strong feelings about paying for entry. They too may attend if entry costs are waived. Thus an even bigger show!

From this end its difficult to know how many are interested, to know what case to present.

I'd be grateful if you could ask anyway.

Karoshi

Sounds good mate!

.............as I am the 'leader', would you be interested in having some more stripes on your uniform by promoting you to HMVF events secretary? 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hi Jack,

as an M.V. enthusiast this is a " must " as far as shows go more vehicles, spare parts, or associated militaria than you can expect to pay for.

I regulary attend to meet members of another forum (dare i admitt it :oops: ) just for the pleasure, even to meet local friends that i rarely see due to pressure`s of modern life etc.

Ashley

Sounds good mate!quote]

As I don't yet speak 'DORSET' does that translate to: "Yes, Jack and MV is coming"?

Re Events Officer, two things:

1/. You will have to send the uniform first, and

2/. I'm not organising anything. The W&P crew do that. I'm merely trying to coordinate us camping together, in the same area, together, nearby, adjacent and local to each other, on the same patch, behind the same fence, on the same field, not spread out! i.e. Separately, together.

Morning. Its getting near booking time for the War & Peace show. Space is at a premium, and individuals have a hard time finding space 'cos its all "reserved" by the early birds, who mark out and claim vast tracts of land. Then hold it till relieved.

Thought I might do the same. BUT have to submit official entry and payment to W&P. Last year all community areas were pre booked by the time of the January Stoneleigh show !!

Trying to stay ahead of the game.

Hi all,

hold till relived is right one year after a 5 hour drive in the jeep i set up camp (read 1 jeep and 1 tent) in about a 2 Heactre`s of grass only to be warned off by some fellow with a folding bicycle and a pup tent that i had taken his reserved space after talking to him in my best german (which is not that good) he mumbled about f***8%$%& forigners

and camped about 10 meters away :lol:

Just had to remember to say "gute mogen" and "gute abend" depending on when i saw him. :lol: :lol:

Ashley

Unfortunatly next year I am not planning on going. I've taken my 432 for the last 2 years. But next year I don't fancy travelling for 5 hours getting there on the Monday with a lowloader to be told there is nowhere to park as all the pitches have been marked out by recce squads. Then to unload and have to negotiate the way out to support parking area, also avoid children on bikes and quads and vehicle drivers with cans of beer in one hand. Then after all that go to the shower block to find that if it isn't shut there is a big que. once you do get to bed you and your family get woken by someone setting of a firework off at silly o'clock.

Or am I just being miserable.

Dougy

Hi Dougy,

i am sure that some of these will be a thing of the past ,hence Karoshi`s thread though the last two years i have been a day visitor i remember the shower block senario :cry:

So if your not too disappointed `come on down` lets make a meeting of it

Ashley

Ashley wrote

"I am sure these are a thing of the past "

This kind of statement is brought out every year

and every year it seems to be the same

bad toilets join the line for the showers

and kids and adults driving around like looneys

I do not object to the driving around it's the speed

they do this at I object about maybe I'm a cynic

and this year it will be different we will wait and see

Commander