steviem new jeep

Jerry Jeep

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, steviem said:

No hood as yet, might not even bother with one tbh.

TBH my hood spends most of the time stowed under the passenger seat, you could look for a second hand one for the rare occasion it gets used. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, steviem said:

Yeah always my intention a new one would look so out of place,  saying this I've just got a new screen canvas so need to weather it somewhat. 

The screen canvas is easy to weather, just scrunch it up a few times and drag it around the floor 😁 adds patina…

• Like 1

A G503 is one of those rare convertibles that looks good with both hood up & down ☺️

I never bothered to put it under the seat, I just roll/fold it around the hoops when they are down.

This year, for a different look to normal, I tried it with the canvas on, but the back folded up. At almost every show I go to, everyone else has the canvas off and screen down ( because they think it looks cooler, despite the fact that driving a Jeep in any configuration is cool ).

I usually have the screen up and canvas on, just to make my Jeep stand out as different. Nothing worse than looking around a show and seeing 20 identical Jeeps, screen down, baseball bat and mit, camo net etc! That was one of the reasons I have the Flying Control look too.

beamish_4_33.jpg

rougham10.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, OzH said:

With careful folding, you'll get both the canopy and the screen cover under there and strapped in...

Those and the headlight covers ☺️

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Took the old lady out for a spin after the long winter storage loved it, screen down steady 40mph, all good until i pulled up at home and heard a clunking noise when moving slowly,  I'll have to check it our

20240512_115109.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...