steviem new jeep

Jerry Jeep

Guess it didn't go to badly for my welding skills,  now on the flank of the hood are 4 i believe decontamination screws,  any one have these and do they affect stencil fitting,  tried the hood blocks which had been previously welding up.

20230603_143759.jpg

20230603_143809.jpg

20230603_143814.jpg

20230603_143822.jpg

Edited by steviem

Bit of a  milestone to be reached on Saturday,  the MB is going for final paint,  father in law passed away a few months ago and is unit is now clear,  so I'm taking her down there for me to paint her, it was him that advised me to pick it and it will be ironic for it to be the last vehicle to be painted there. 

Looking forward to it, finally getting mine painted this week,  pams dad passed away so we've had loads to do, had a couple of issues with with it not wanting to turn over after a run, ok at moment fingers crossed. 

Quick one guys, had Quick test with spray gun very dark olive drab and dried somewhat shiny is it a case of not being stirred enough prior to mixing. It is a matt paint 

Edited by steviem

1 hour ago, steviem said:

Quick one guys, had Quick test with spray gun very dark olive drab and dried somewhat shiny is it a case of not being stirred enough prior to mixing. It is a matt paint 

It usually takes some time to matt down.

• 3 weeks later...

Matt white, or you could also go for the blue-grey factory hoodnumber... or both, with the white number over the blue-grey one.

Maybe see if those 'U.S.' markings will come off the headlight covers? 😇

• Thanks 1