steviem new jeep

Jerry Jeep

The best kind of problem to have when it can instantly be fixed.  Main thing is it does not make the reading inaccurate it just indicates in the wrong sense.🤪

Is the reading 12.5v normal for this at idle or does it increase with some revs?  Normally I would expect around 14v.  (from an alternator.)

Edited by Mk3iain

18 minutes ago, steviem said:

Hi bud with it being somewhat buried in my daughter's garage over winter I've not revved it up due to excessive fumes which somehow make there way through to her house. 

Still, not a bad result!  It seems to be getting a charge, good so far.

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, steviem said:

Soon be jeep weather folks.....

For me, so long as there isn't salt on the road for icing conditions, then all year round is Jeep season. I don't think it's good for them to sit around for months doing nothing. First event this Saturday.

snow_jeep_13.jpg

Edited by Jessie The Jeep

Absolutely Steve,  always enjoy seeing your pics and adventures, hopefully this year I can put quite a few miles on it, get to know it properly etc, I do still have to finish paint, stencils then done. Really hoping to get her to woodhall spa in July. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, steviem said:

Absolutely Steve,  always enjoy seeing your pics and adventures, hopefully this year I can put quite a few miles on it, get to know it properly etc, I do still have to finish paint, stencils then done. Really hoping to get her to woodhall spa in July. 

I live close to Woodhall and work at Coningsby. It’s my aim to finish my Halftrack and get it to there by 2030.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Problem is still there, went to collect the old girl from my daughters started and ran fine, got home parked on drive,  went back to move it again and nothing,  no turnover no ignition light nothing had to roll it in we know the battery is good i need to sort this out asap.

Thanks Steve im going to start with the starter switch,  last time when this happened i pushed it by hand and it fired up, however Jerry put me a ignition light on the main switch which  shows nothing,  one of the two. 

Thanks ill check it, the fact there is no power at all one minute and starts the next points to a connection failure somewhere.  The main earth from the battery looks fine so i will have to follow the positive cable through and see if anything pops up.

Had some similar problem with my 2cv last week. It turned out they had sold me a Calcium/Calcium battery. They have to be charged with 15.5 volts. If not (on my old charger) it gets only charged partly just enough for one start.... The man who sold it to me had it on the tester and than charged it for me on his profession charger. It took 2 days??? In the car it seems to work ok for now. Next will be a lead battery again.

Edited by Citroman
  • Thanks 1

Right fully charged battery which wasn't flat, checked all connections only one was hand tight which went to the alternator all others ok, one slightly loose on th coil  kicked it in the nuts and it fired up fine,  noticed red ignition light stays on when in initial tick over, attached a few pics to see if anything obvious pops up 

20230518_152313.jpg

20230518_152100.jpg

20230518_151555.jpg

20230518_151431.jpg

20230518_151509.jpg

20230518_151544.jpg