Scrap yard relics...

Jack

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bedford TM sitting in a field at my mate's place in the Borders. It looks like it's had a hard life after being cast. Still runs and drives though. Probably for sale if anyone is interested.

trucks 003.jpg

trucks 002.jpg

trucks 004.jpg

trucks 001.jpg

• 1 month later...
I don't think it is/was a MW as it looks to have a ventilator on the scuttle, which would make it OX or OY (MW were drafty enough, so did not need them).

Fair enough Richard, your knowledge on this subject is far greater than mine.

Here are a K9 and, i think a Commer, in a wee yard at Drem, East Lothian about five years ago. Sadly all gone now. They were a bit close to the hedge for a decent pic.

Not sure that is a K9, I think it is the later and larger version designated FV16012, if so it is quite rare as not many were produced. The other vehicle is a Ford Thames E series commonly known as the Commer cabbed Ford.

Not sure that is a K9, I think it is the later and larger version designated FV16012, if so it is quite rare as not many were produced. The other vehicle is a Ford Thames E series commonly known as the Commer cabbed Ford.

Thanks for the info Degsy.

Here are a K9 and, i think a Commer, in a wee yard at Drem, East Lothian about five years ago. Sadly all gone now. They were a bit close to the hedge for a decent pic.

Degsy has it right, the Austin is the later version, which used the Series 3 cab and the 5.1 BMC multifuel engine. Very few were built but there are at least three or four survivors. I've heard these referred to as the K11 but have never seen documentary evidence for it.

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt one of these will ever get restored so this may become a rare photo.... At least they have gun racks :cool2:

[ATTACH]31564[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]31563[/ATTACH]

A different set of bargrips.

[ATTACH]31562[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]31561[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]31560[/ATTACH]

Also something for the little lady to clean the house with.... a big vacuum cleaner :D

[ATTACH]31565[/ATTACH]

• 1 month later...
Blimey!

Are those really run flat Dunlop track grips to fit a Ferret used on another vehicle?

Love the Stonefield, always wanted one of those to compare to a LR 101FC

R

Not sure, heres another piccy (another one). Original Stonefields had Hurth diffs (rare as hens teeth - as I shipped 2 to the UK), later stonefields had Salibury.

Would be interesting if they are the same as Ferret.

I would love some of these to be saved because as far as I none noe of these models exist in the UK and thats where they were made (well Scotland). The Goombas were upgrades here with Isuzu diesels

[ATTACH]34198[/ATTACH]

Not sure, heres another piccy (another one). Original Stonefields had Hurth diffs (rare as hens teeth - as I shipped 2 to the UK), later stonefields had Salibury.

Would be interesting if they are the same as Ferret.

I would love some of these to be saved because as far as I none noe of these models exist in the UK and thats where they were made (well Scotland). The Goombas were upgrades here with Isuzu diesels

[ATTACH]34198[/ATTACH]

How much does it cost to send these kinds of vehicles to the UK?

They look to be Ferret tyres

How much does it cost to send these kinds of vehicles to the UK?

They look to be Ferret tyres

I believe from memory a 40 ft container was around 2000 quid. Never got a price on a smaller one. The ambo would be an interesting vehicle in UK, plus the Iveco's and the KM 410's.

• 2 months later...

Over the past 25 odd years I have regularly passed a long-closed Suffolk timber yard, and would always slow to pay my respects to an old Douglas/Matador which each year disappeared a little further into the undergrowth - eventually just the front of the cab could be seen (in winter only!).

I got a big surprise today when passing to find the yard pretty much cleared, and the Douglas/Mat departed. But I did discover this old QL which I'd never been able to see before,it was so buried in the timber/undergrowth!

And whislt taking the photos I was even more amazed to see an old David Brown winch tractor - most probably ex RAF

Timber Yard 2.jpg

Timber Yard 1.jpg

Timber Yard 3.jpg

Over the past 25 odd years I have regularly passed a long-closed Suffolk timber yard, and would always slow to pay my respects to an old Douglas/Matador which each year disappeared a little further into the undergrowth - eventually just the front of the cab could be seen (in winter only!).

I got a big surprise today when passing to find the yard pretty much cleared, and the Douglas/Mat departed. But I did discover this old QL which I'd never been able to see before,it was so buried in the timber/undergrowth!

And whislt taking the photos I was even more amazed to see an old David Brown winch tractor - most probably ex RAF

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37643[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]37644[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]37645[/ATTACH]

I purchased the matador from the yard in august and restoration is well underway,this is one of A.K.Coopers shortened matadors fitted with a unipower winch

pencil.png