Christmas 2013, what did Santa bring you?

robin craig

A pounding headach and the worst dose of flu that the wife and i have ever had, not been out of the villa for 8 days hardley eaten a thing have managed one bottle of scotch between us, thanks be that we still have Spains Christmas to look forward too ( starts old Christmas day 6th January ) so will have one hell of a lot of catching up to do but we will do all we can to have a good new year. Happy new year.:cry:

An old spec deact sterling SMG with bayonet, and a life times supply of socks......

I left loads of hints n info about deac MKv stens....even told her where to get one.....got a coat n flight in Tiger Moth instead!!!! Don't even like Tiger Moths!!!

JUST NOTICED I HAVE BEEN PROMOTED TO SARGENT so you privates and lance jacks take not, one word out of line and i will have you frog hopping round that parade ground with a 303 above your horrible little head, yer mother might love yer BUT I DONT.

Was that a punishment given in WW2?

I still believe in Santa even though he didn't bring me the Stuart tank I wanted...lol......I looked out into an empty driveway on Christmas day and no tank......Waited all night for the sound of the tracks but nothing.......But that's ok I have my 1954 Ferret and good health....

Edited by joeferret

JUST NOTICED I HAVE BEEN PROMOTED TO SARGENT so you privates and lance jacks take not, one word out of line and i will have you frog hopping round that parade ground with a 303 above your horrible little head, yer mother might love yer BUT I DONT.

Congrats...

Good grief I just noticed that I got promoted to Staff Sergeant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously I had a good selection of smellies and lotions. I also had camo patterned pumps for walking round shows in comfort, the only slightly MV related item I received! I did however get my own cordless drill and an industrial steam iron from the cubedmeister. Both of which I was genuinely overwhelmed at getting. Let the drilling and ironing begin :)

Edit:-

Santa did buy the cubed one the ghosts of history calendar.

Edited by rosie

Some interesting gifts everyone has received.

It should be no surprise that I too wanted to share what has come my way

I was given a 3 point hitch back blade for use on our tractor at home, we have 500 feet plus of driveway and keeping it clear of snow is a chore that this will help. It is able to be rotated manually 360 degrees, so if you want you can use it as a dozer in reverse direction.

In an MV related area, I finally wore down a certain local person who has a wide track trailer. I have been pestering him for over a year to allow me to buy his surplus trailer. It was "gifted" to me but I will try to make that gift a sale as the non financial cost may be more than I want to pay.

The wide track trailers are hard to come by, no, a real rarity, over here. There were some released from BATUS, of which this is one by way of a dealer in Quebec, I have the jockey wheel leg for it but am missing a few minor parts. I have all the light lenses.

To buy one of these in the UK and ship it out here is a whole process and expense beyond me at the moment.

It will compliment another project that I have on the go currently.

R

Wide track trailer 1.jpg

Blade.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Christmas for me this year was in the USA. Good fun but a bit chilly. Minus 50 at its coolest. The problem with having Christmas abroad is bringing everything back and trying to stay under the weight limit.

So I got socks.

A box of bolts:

IMG_3651_zps7628f54f.jpg

An even bigger box of bolts:

IMG_3650_zpse575aab7.jpg

Which almost took up the weight limit of a suitcase.

When I got home I received a box of books from my neighbour which had arrived while I was gone. Well that's the reading material for a few weeks taken care of then:

IMG_3652_zpsf381d0f4.jpg

When I got home I received a box of books from my neighbour which had arrived while I was gone. Well that's the reading material for a few weeks taken care of then:

IMG_3652_zpsf381d0f4.jpg

Interesting looking book Tim. Must be worth a read through.....

I met the author once,not a bad bloke !!

Not so good an Xmas here - my wife got the push from her job at the local school (very long and nasty story!!) so it means we are now in a financial black spot. Little Maud will have to be sold soon and it may be my last year of ownership with the OT-90! :(:(

Sorry to hear mate.

Guess you're due for some good luck this year.

Not so good an Xmas here - my wife got the push from her job at the local school (very long and nasty story!!) so it means we are now in a financial black spot. Little Maud will have to be sold soon and it may be my last year of ownership with the OT-90! :(:(

Hello Neil, That is very sad News Mate. Sorry to hear of your misfortunate predicament. Im sure something will turn up if you both look hard enough? Easy to say, I know!

Rather than sell your OT, could you sell the kids instead?.......LOL. Only joking! If you PM Me, I have an idea that MIGHT help you potentially. On the work front. A commitment, but MIGHT just turn your lives around!.....