Are you loud and proud or still in the closet

gas 44

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At shows I'll always wear the correct uniform for the vehicle - I just think that it completes the picture so to speak, although I suspect that my corporals stripes are starting to look a bit "young". Likewise, although I have absolutely no desire to dig trenches or suchlike, I have nothing but admiration for what I see the reenactors do at W&P - absolutely brilliant I think, although I must admit that wild horses wouldn't get me into an SS uniform..... In any case I think it all boils down to whether you feel comfortable with what you're wearing and there's no point in going around feeling like a pratt, because at that point the chances are high that that's what you actually look like..... :)

We all share a common passion, so whatever flies our various kites is fine by me.

What about HMVF flags???

OK slightly off topic :blush: but was thinking abut that lately

When out with the Land Rover I tend to wear clothes, as they are more comfortable than au naturel on vinyl seats especially on a hot day, but a HMVF flag might work instead.

Mike

For parades and MV shows I wear a uniform, no rank or medals. British or US.

In a normal cold weather drive, I wear a Brit tanker uniform (warm.)

In summer when just driving around I may wear Desert clothing or can be seen wearing a Hawaï shirt.

When out with the Land Rover I tend to wear clothes, as they are more comfortable than au naturel on vinyl seats especially on a hot day, but a HMVF flag might work instead.

Mike

I was thinking of pricing a few up out here as was planning on going to war and peace. Maybe pennant sized for antennas. Have to ask Jack and Joris

There's a good reason why a HMVF calander is not on the agenda. :wow:

A desk calendar of vehicles would be nice....... could run a thread on the top 12 photos from 2013.

A 250 lbs 101st/506th or 82nd AB, "Living History" or "Reenactor" in a Para uniform.

Need I say more?

I doubt that the present day airborne guys will think very highly of very overweight people who dress up in tailor made uniform and pretend to be a WW2 soldier. The guy in the picture could not run ten yards without having a heart attack.

Ajjboouudisaster.jpg

The soldiers of WW2 were in their late teens or early twenties, and were well trained, and EXTREMELY seldom overweight. Showing a period photograph of a rear area maintenance soldier that's slightly overweight does not prove that ALL soldiers were overweight (happened to me once when a Living History guy wanted to prove his point)....

Goran N

A 250 lbs 101st/506th or 82nd AB, "Living History" or "Reenactor" in a Para uniform.

Need I say more?

<photo and comments snipped>

Goran N

Gotta say, while I'm not normally a huge fan of re-enactment, singling one guy out for personal comment seems a bit off-kilter for what is normally a friendly forum, especially when he's not here to put his side across.

I think there's a difference in context - I wouldn't dress up and pretend, but I can understand others dressing up for education etc.

Edited by Lauren Child

I'm thinking of making "Enigma is cool" pennats, flags and mugs for my (HMVF) fanclub.:coffee:

can you put me down for the matching his and hers set? :cool2:

Mike, are you suggesting the HMVF couldn't do better than the WI ? :D

I have been studying different calendar formats but I am currently stuck on the Victoria's Secret calendar, for 8 hours...... Must admit a fusion between that and some MV's just seems appealing

Gotta say, while I'm not normally a huge fan of re-enactment, singling one guy out for personal comment seems a bit off-kilter for what is normally a friendly forum, especially when he's not here to put his side across.

I think there's a difference in context - I wouldn't dress up and pretend, but I can understand others dressing up for education etc.

I think this is the bottom line statement at the end of every thread on this subject, some people want to, some people don't. Different people different tastes and if that wasn't the case everyone would own a Jeep with airborne markings (ok bad example :-D)

Edited by fesm_ndt

Hmmm, I don't have the perfect legs for a calender like this but thanks for asking.:D

That's true ........but where are the HMVF dancing girls? After all you finally admitted some time ago that you were responsible for their disappearance:??? As I remember there were at least 12 of 'em so at least one for each month.:dancinggirls:

That's true ........but where are the HMVF dancing girls? After all you finally admitted some time ago that you were responsible for their disappearance:??? As I remember there were at least 12 of 'em so at least one for each month.:dancinggirls:

I know nothing Degsy....but you may contact me offline.

Maybe I know a bit more then...

I think this is the bottom line statement at the end of every thread on this subject, some people want to, some people don't. Different people different tastes and if that wasn't the case everyone would own a Jeep with airborne markings (ok bad example :-D)

I though everyone DOES own a Jeep in airborne markings;)

Seriously though, each to their own is the way to go. I think the correct uniform can really set off a restoration, but the owner has to be comfortable with what they do.