Reporting Live from Damyns Hall (MVT) 2013

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you have clearly not been invited to crew this time then Andy !

Not problem its my mums 70th do this weekend.

john the tank has gone down with hindles again and no andy has not been invited this time due to him setting a low personal standard and failing to achieve it (and he's also a ginger) :D

Sod lol :pfrt:

I keep my standards low so if I achieve anything above what I expect then I'm on a winner :D :nut:

If anyone there could pop along to the Shackleton cockpit section down from Coventry and say "Tugger says hello" to my friend Mark, He'd appreciate the support. He's a big fella, little hair and a top chap.

Cheers:D

Not sure if its coming ??

loaded up the Cromwell today and it should be down there for midday tomorrow :D

Worth going just to see Rick and the Cromwell,oh and course Andy as well.

- strange name on the tank, have Googled it but no luck in finding what it means :undecided:

...- strange name on the tank, have Googled it but no luck in finding what it means :undecided:

Try the urban slang dictionary - SHUFTI:

[TABLE=width: 600]

[TR]

[TD=class: text, colspan: 2]A word of Arabic origin meaning "look!" Was brought back to Britain after the Second World War by returning soldiers who had learnt the word from Arab peddlars of dirty postcards. The peddlars used to keep the postcards hidden inside their coats and would show them to soldiers saying "Shufti, shufti!" - "Look, look!"

"Take a shufti at this!"[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

As for Cush - could be the superlative meaning (northeastern origin?).

So Shufti Cush might translate as 'Take a look at this top banana tank' :D

Mind you, Del Boy could have been influencial here.....

See post 415 on the Cromwell blog, although it is definitely look rather than show I would agree with the translation of cush but I think the term 'fanny' is slang for different parts of the body depending on whether you are British or American.:D

Hang on - I am putting these words together....so basically it's saying look at my bum!

No Jack, it's ''lets have a look at your f***y''.

Rick kindly let me drive it round the arena today. The arena needed to be bigger, then I could have got into 4th and it would have been better if it hadn't conked out in the arena entrance upon leaving!

Sorry Rick!

No Jack, it's ''lets have a look at your f***y''.

Rick kindly let me drive it round the arena today. The arena needed to be bigger, then I could have got into 4th and it would have been better if it hadn't conked out in the arena entrance upon leaving!

Sorry Rick!

Having been educated (thanks chaps, I think) I found it on the internet (my eyes!). There is an interesting and educational passage in "A Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English" By Eric Partridge.