Reporting Live from Damyns Hall (MVT) 2013

A change of plan for this weekend (due to Austin Gipsy problems, but that's another story!) means I can attend Damyns Hall tomorrow. Really looking forward to the show as was impressed with my first visit last year. With the added bonus of flying aircraft and good weather it should be a cracker.

Just checking out the website and was wondering does anyone know if all the aircraft listed will fly tomorrow or are some only in attendance on certain days?

Scott

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at a BBQ the other day and asked a Jordanian friend what it meant, just to confirm, Adrian is spot on. Needless to say the conversation went down hill from then on and we all learnt more Arabic filth than we ever thought possible then we moved to Spanish filth:D

Just got back from a most fantastic weekend here. It was great. I really enjoyed it and I met a few HMVF members.

great selection of vehicles, and a thank you to Marmite! For the flag, and a big thank you to ArtistsRifles for a ride round the arena in his OT90 ... Following us round was the Cromwell and to see it charging around behind us was AWESOME !!

everything was well organised , the security people were friendly and efficient. Favourite of mine were the Cromwell and a huge American breakdown truck with a superb patina.

flying display was fantastic too, and every plane did a lengthy display, which was much better than some other shows I have been to.

Cant wait till next year !

Got back a few hours ago and really enjoyed myself. Although there was some rain and thunder, it made a nice change from the constant heat and did not spoil the show at all ( Also prevented too much dust!). A very pleasant and calm long weekend and lots of interesting vehicles and people. Looking forward to next year.

Just got back from a most fantastic weekend here. It was great. I really enjoyed it and I met a few HMVF members.

great selection of vehicles, and a thank you to Marmite! For the flag, and a big thank you to ArtistsRifles for a ride round the arena in his OT90 ... Following us round was the Cromwell and to see it charging around behind us was AWESOME !!

everything was well organised , the security people were friendly and efficient. Favourite of mine were the Cromwell and a huge American breakdown truck with a superb patina.

flying display was fantastic too, and every plane did a lengthy display, which was much better than some other shows I have been to.

Cant wait till next year !

What was the "huge American breakdown truck" ? Any pictures ?

that Sterling wrecker is a beauty!!!

The Navy one I have reference off doesn't have the front mounted winch, this one does though but I think its missing a large bumper that was mounted in front. Could it be a different model or variant for the army?

could be fuel starvation through vaporization but I feel it might be the magneto's heating up and something breaking down inside them, first thing i'll do is take them both off and have a look for anything obvious then if nothing shows up swap 'em for a new set and road run it. i'm sure we'll sort it just a matter of how much time and money !

could be fuel starvation through vaporization but I feel it might be the magneto's heating up and something breaking down inside them, first thing i'll do is take them both off and have a look for anything obvious then if nothing shows up swap 'em for a new set and road run it. i'm sure we'll sort it just a matter of how much time and money !

Just like to say thanks for all the time and effort you put into this so I had the chance of seeing this fantastic machine.

nice to see something British on the move.

I for one would like to see it running around Manchester.

Could be the magnetos breaking down or fuel, it didn't seem to be fuel at W & P as fuel was getting too the filter (plenty off). At the carb end of the run it could be different though?