bedford QL restoration

guy66

The Bedford QL came finely from under the carport:cheesy:.

Fitted the al ready prepared roof and doors and the front windscreens are also back on there place.

Next week I go to the technical control and then I can apply for a numberplate.

IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1036.jpg

IMG_1035.jpg

• Like 1

Now that I have it a good look think that some extra mickey mouse will be better on the rear section.

Guy

I'd agree Guy. Well done on a fabulous restoration, looking forward to seeing this one in the flesh.

Scott

Well done, it looks wonderful. I will have to get some more details on what black you used for the camouflage and how you went about applying it. I would like to finish the Loyd with the black wave used on the Loyds photographed in Villers-bocage. Did you spray with a mask or brush paint the black?

Well done, it looks wonderful. I will have to get some more details on what black you used for the camouflage and how you went about applying it. I would like to finish the Loyd with the black wave used on the Loyds photographed in Villers-bocage. Did you spray with a mask or brush paint the black?

Hello, the Mickey mouse black paint was sprayed and I did use a mask.

For the nice rounds you can use this fine blue tape they use in car spray shops, it is very easy to apply.

The biggest job then is to mask of al the rest of the paint that has to stay in green.

Guy

Can I just say that after just joining this band of merry men, I am totally in awe and full of admiration for Guy's restoration job on the Bedford QL. The quality of the work and sheer dedication to the job in hand makes me feel very humble in my efforts to recreate a small model version of a military vehicle. My only saving grace is that I struggle with shaky hands and would never be able to follow Guy's high standards.

No doubt, an outstanding site and with some real Master Craftsmen in it's ranks.

Fascinated by it all and want more. keep up the great work.

Cranky.

Edited by Cranky old git

Hello Guy

that is a fantastic restoration, it has to be one of if not the best one I have seen, a real credit to you.

did you manage to find replacement windscreens or did you have them made, if so could you tell me by who?

best Regards Kevin

Hello Guy

that is a fantastic restoration, it has to be one of if not the best one I have seen, a real credit to you.

did you manage to find replacement windscreens or did you have them made, if so could you tell me by who?

best Regards Kevin

Hello Kevin , thanks for this nice comment, for sure it was a hell of a job but the result is so special!

The windscreen frames where made of 5 very bad frames and the glass is a 6 mm safety glass cut by a local glass centre.

I had the old windscreen frames from John Morter butt think that it where his last ones he had.

Guy

Today I past the technical control (MOT) :cheesy: and now I can apply for a numberplate.

After the test I refitted the cabin roof headlining and the spare wheel is also back on its place.

IMG_1053.jpg

Guy

IMG_1052.jpg

Guy

I am totally envious of your skills and dedication to what to some folks looking on such scrappy bits of metal and wood would just be something to send to the scrap heap for crushing.

Fantastic to see another iconic softskin vehicle from an important period in world history being reclaimed and set up to last hopefully for another 60 years or more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!!

Nigel

Made the two toolboxes that hanging under the cargo floor. These little buggers are really not easy to make and had a lot of work on these two pieces.

IMG_1056.jpg

And now for the real QL aficionados, there is something wrong on my two toolboxes.

Guy:nut::cool2:

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg

Of course there is ! - they are not fitted to my truck ! - seriously - if ever you want to start knocking some out for your fellow QL owners........Im sure there would be a bursting order book ! - mine are wooden and a mix of orriginal and refurbished - and part of my winter-time to-do-list !

The attension to detail on this project is amazing and im in awe at every aspect of your restoration - thank you for sharing the pictures with us all ! - (Andy Kyte)