bedford QL restoration

guy66

I don't can forget Ian and his company as he kept us a nice spot on there MVT group spot and now I know how to replace a cylinder head gasket on a Austin K5;)

Guy

:mad::mad: K5 cylinder head gasket :mad::mad: well done on 1st place for your QL restoration Guy.

Thanks Ian for the nice company with your fiends and really enjoyed to work on the Austin, outer ways I was spending to match money on the jumble!

Great to be with such a nice bunch of people and if we can keep Tom motived he will even be more crazier then us on military vehicles .The future looks bright with these lads in to Military vehicles!!

SIMON-THOMSON-SATURDAY-20-JULY-13-365-.jpg

See Tom enjoying his drive in the passenger seat.

Guy

On the way back from W&P there was a blow by somewhere on the exhaust system and dint improve after tighten up the downpipe. After a little investigation it was obvious that the gasket between the cylinder head and exhaust manifold started to go.

Took the manifold of and had it flatten and now it is back in place and hopefully stays silent.

Guy

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Yes Normandy 2014 with the QL is the challenge, if I see al the work that has been done this last year (yes it is almost a year that I made a start on this project) it will be ready in time.

This is a very good idea to have QL meet up there, somewhere on the forum there is a tread for a bedford MW meet in 2014, maybe we can make it a WD bedford meet!

Guy

And what are the plans for Normandy 2014 QL, and other Bedford owners ?

My plan is ready, a drive from Belgium to Normandy and stay over there for a week.

Guy

Edited by guy66

The Bedford is under cover for next winter!

I have the right 1/2 gallon oil can to put next to the jerry can rack, will have to make the support for the oil can myself.

This shod be now problem as I have plenty of pictures and measurements of the genuine part.

IMG_1179.jpg

IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1178.jpg

• 6 months later...
Looking good guy, she'll look it different with hoops and canvas on, I'm modifying Bedford Rl hoops for my Bedford OY they need to be fitted in the middle and then re-welded, but I don't no if just a weld will be string enough. Bill.

If they are hollow, you might consider drilling holes in the hoop rods, inserting a 12" steel bar 6" into each rod, and then weld the bar to the rods through the holes you drilled and weld around where the rods come together. The wind and canvas banging on the hoops as you drive down the road can put a lot of load on them.

trevor

• 3 weeks later...
If they are hollow, you might consider drilling holes in the hoop rods, inserting a 12" steel bar 6" into each rod, and then weld the bar to the rods through the holes you drilled and weld around where the rods come together. The wind and canvas banging on the hoops as you drive down the road can put a lot of load on them.

trevor

It's what I'd do

• 1 month later...