Australian Centurion 169091

PScott

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

mate .....the level/standard/quality ....call it what you want ....of your restoration is absolutely awesome and beyond any criticism whatsoever .......you are obviously a genius of detail and perfection......what a tank ! beautiful !:D..

just a shame I got no real reason to travel all the way over that side of the world but.......it'd be worth the ticket alone just to knock on your door one day and say "give us a go in yer tank mate !"

Where about's in East Gippsland are you,as I lived and worked on a farm in Outtrim in 1985/86 and while there I visited a TA Recovery Unit not far from there.You will have some great hill's to take it out on, and good luck with the restoration work.

Arnie

• 4 weeks later...
Where about's in East Gippsland are you,as I lived and worked on a farm in Outtrim in 1985/86 and while there I visited a TA Recovery Unit not far from there.You will have some great hill's to take it out on, and good luck with the restoration work.

Arnie

Swifts Creek , about 50km below MT Hotham .....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well it has taken about 10 months to strip each of the 6 suspension station,s , re finish/paint and install as well as the 24 new road wheels, which were also stripped and re finished.

What a difference the 24 new road wheels make to the overall appearance...:-D

I also located an original Centurion "Crow bar", as strange as it may seem they are as scarce as hens teeth here.

I also re manufactured the rear tow cable holding mount on the rear long. range fuel tank.

A few pics...

DSC_0241w.jpg

DSC_0242w.jpg

DSC_0243w.jpg

DSC_0244w.jpg

DSC_0246w.jpg

DSC_0248.jpg

DSC_0249w.jpg

DSC_0251w.jpg

DSC_0252w.jpg