Military stuff on Ebay new restrictions?

iltisman

I put a couple of aerials on ebay today and got a snotagram from ebay saying that mil stuff is now verboten

"We would like to inform you we have changed our policy for military items. You may be affected by this since you recently listed in a military item related category.

Due to the change, the sale of items regulated by the US International Trade in Arms Regulations is now prohibited.

Please read our military items policy before you list such an item again.

You can also find more information on which items fall under the US International Trade in Arms in the US Munitions List.

Please ensure your listings for military items follow these guidelines. If they don't, they will be removed. You may then be subject to other actions, such as a limitation on your buying and selling privileges, suspension of your account, and/or referral of the matter to the police"

I checked the list and military trucks and parts seem to be covered.I give up.

I put a couple of aerials on ebay today and got a snotagram from ebay saying that mil stuff is now verboten

"We would like to inform you we have changed our policy for military items. You may be affected by this since you recently listed in a military item related category.

Due to the change, the sale of items regulated by the US International Trade in Arms Regulations is now prohibited.

Please read our military items policy before you list such an item again.

You can also find more information on which items fall under the US International Trade in Arms in the US Munitions List.

Please ensure your listings for military items follow these guidelines. If they don't, they will be removed. You may then be subject to other actions, such as a limitation on your buying and selling privileges, suspension of your account, and/or referral of the matter to the police"

I checked the list and military trucks and parts seem to be covered.I give up.

Well looks like it's time Jack set up an auction service in here, Withams can do it???

Going to be a huge problem if I can't use Ebay to buy stuff. Might have to go now for a aearch and see whats f'd up

Well looks like it's time Jack set up an auction service in here, Withams can do it???

Going to be a huge problem if I can't use Ebay to buy stuff. Might have to go now for a aearch and see whats f'd up

YEAH! But would people use it?!

YEAH! But would people use it?!

There are loads of auction sites already... to achieve reasonable sale prices you would need a massive audience..

Members have already tried auctioning stuff on here & I didn't see great results

There are loads of auction sites already... to achieve reasonable sale prices you would need a massive audience..

Members have already tried auctioning stuff on here & I didn't see great results

Has to be Milwebs field? Prime for it...

Yes I got the same Pathetic message from Evilbay! I sell a lot of stuff there to the US within the difficult Framework of Evilbays restrictive Domeneering rules.

This will now make things even more difficult for a LOT of sellers!

I for one, am going to look and see how this other site is growing & progressing.

If it REALLY takes off, then F*** Evilbay! They are MORE than ready to slip in extra charges for this & that.

But as soon as you make even a TINY Mistake. The are down on you like a Ton of bricks!

Do you know, they DONT Police the site themsleves. They are reliant on tiny minded Jelous Twats who have nothing better to do in thier Pathetic NON Lives. That trawl through pages of listings & report items to the Evilbay Police! It is then removed. Brilliant system Eh? They dont have to waste time looking through listings.

Im sure you all know the types I mention?

It is self evident when you get one of your own listings removed, & somewhere else on the Auction. Another

Person offering an IDENTICAL item slips through & sells it! I think the word is Hypocrite! You can mention all this to Evilbay as I have done in the past, many times. They dont give a Toss! But they are VERY dilligent in taking your fees each month! :banghead:

Mike.

Thanks for that ferretfixer I was wondering if the email I got was a spoof.It looks like you cant sell a set of pioneer tools for a Lightweight landy now unless you put them in the gardening section.

Think you may find the restriction are when you are trying to sell to certain countries..

Still over 1,000 items listed in Mil Spares http://motors-parts.shop.ebay.co.uk/Military-Vehicle-Parts-/122309/i.html?_armrs=1&_mspp=&_pcats=36627%2C131090

Think you may find the restriction are when you are trying to sell to certain countries..

Still over 1,000 items listed in Mil Spares http://motors-parts.shop.ebay.co.uk/Military-Vehicle-Parts-/122309/i.html?_armrs=1&_mspp=&_pcats=36627%2C131090

I only sell to the UK due to payment problems in the past and I wouldn't want a hotchkiss fuel pump to fall into enemy hands.

You can sell bows and arrows because they are of course non lethal.

It appears that they are using an extremly broad brush.

Based on the US ITAR regs. Ebay provides a link if you want to try reading it.

Link to ebay rules

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/firearms-weapons-knives.html

Mike

Edited by mike65
link added

Ebay's list of prohibited items is a getting longer and longer sooner or later all that will be available is clothes (I could be really sexist at this point).

I have seen vehicle spares advertised as classic car parts its a case of being creative with the items description. You won't ever stop the plebs from grassing sellers up who have a ''prohibited'' item some people can't help sticking the thing on the end of there face where it isn't wanted.

i figure this happens a lot..... you see 5 items, all the same price, you bid, then someone out bids you i.e. why would you bid against something already bid on when others arent

either lots of morons out there or someone bidding to bump the price up as most often it is relisted as soon as the austion ends

That is Correct Tony, I always include the US as it has a bigger customer base. & if I didnt, I probably wouldnt have got the 'Snotogram'!

Ebay = We want EVERYTHING our own way!

well there is still the same amount listed , is this all going to be removed? big revenue loss for ebay?

I have pointed this out to Evilbay, MANY times! To no Avail. They are so big & arrogant now, they dont give a Toss! It is totaly pointless to try to argue a case on Fairness or otherwise. You just get stock answers back & they dont care. For every seller who complains. They have another hundered plus who are successful. So they get plenty of fees.

TOO successfull! Absolute Power Corrupts, And Power Corrupts ABSOLUTELY! :embarrassed:

Mike

Ebay's list of prohibited items is a getting longer and longer sooner or later all that will be available is clothes (I could be really sexist at this point).

I have seen vehicle spares advertised as classic car parts its a case of being creative with the items description. You won't ever stop the plebs from grassing sellers up who have a ''prohibited'' item some people can't help sticking the thing on the end of there face where it isn't wanted.

Andy has collated it in a Nutshell! There will ALWAYS be a Kno*head who has no life, & derives personal satisfaction from the thought of 'The Power' they have in Bubbling a Seller who is just trying to make a few Shillings. And has gone to the trouble of sourcing, writing up a listing, & using the time to do it!

If the stuff was not offered, then the collecting world would be a lot Poorer for it! It is a Fact that thousands of People, including members on this Forum. Have sourced lots of important stuff for thier collections, & also helped complete restorations. From items purchased on Evilbay! All this will only serve to make Hobbies even more difficult! :cry:

Mike

I only use Ebay UK, love it to bits as a buyer. Was better when living in UK as internal UK delivery is cheap but to Malaysia $$$$$$$$$$$

I only been ripped off three times on Ebay, 1 US and 2 UK. The US guy was by far the worst his negative feedback was amazing, went for my so called buyer protection, what a joke you have to pay Ebay to investigate. The investigation consists of them trying to get you and the buyer to remove the negative feedback, so no investigation. That is my biggest pet hate of Ebay being a power seller gives Ebay lots of fees so they don't care what the guy is doing.

When I got ripped off in the UK for a Lightweight radiator panel that was completely rust free but when it arrived looking more like swiss cheese. Instead of bothering with an email complaint I left negative feedback and sold it on ebay a week later, quoting and linking the original auction and saying what a pile of junk it was. Created a week of negative publicity for the dealer.

But all in all 3 bad is not too bad after several years of Ebaying and I support and promote the good dealers.

Strange that an ebay seller gets fined for bidding on his own items, yet it is perfectly legal for an auctioneer in this country to take bids 'off the wall'. This happened on a TV property program and the auctioneer got stuck with the lot he was falsely bidding up, embarrassed silence and hasty withdrawal of the lot followed.

The presenter said this is all perfectly legal, if a little frowned upon!

I have noticed that seasoned buyers seem to prefer standing at the back, now I know why, as the auctioneer can't point to some non existent person behind them, difficult to stand at the back in cyberspace though.

Seeing that the original post concerned selling aerials on eBay i thought I would see what was available for collectors of Clansman radio kit like me and in doing a search I see Ebay still has 408 items listed. So where exactly is the problem?