Cmv

antarmike

is it me, or is the mag getting thinner! yet the price is not! :shocked:

Quite, it's now £4 an issue for 84 pages including front and back covers.

4.7p per page is rather pricey, I wonder what there circulation is, it must be pretty high and with the amount of adverts in it too! Is the price justified?

I have skipped a few issues this last year because of that reason alone.

I like the small editorials each month - " I can only apologise in retrospect for the need to pass on unavoidable cost increases that couldn't be absorbed in other ways."

I thought inflation had fallen over the last year and the price of oil had too?

I think we have been here before. John has answered the question. As a supplier for various things, we have had to pass on price increases. The price of fuel is going up, raw materials etc, etc. Not to mention the, oh so generous VAT decrease/increase.

After making some criticisms about CMV (which were then deleted) in the previous thread a month ago, I have to say I thought the latest edition was an improvement. A good step in the right direction.

Oh, the VAT rate changes won't make any difference to the price - magazines are zero-rated so the consumer won't be charged tax, but the publisher/printer can recover any tax incurred on his raw materials.

• 2 weeks later...
I think we have been here before. John has answered the question. As a supplier for various things, we have had to pass on price increases. The price of fuel is going up, raw materials etc, etc. Not to mention the, oh so generous VAT decrease/increase.

Have to agree with Rick - there are sooooooo many hidden costs in business that you need a full time person just to keep an eye on them.

I always look at it like this - I have a chum who spends £200/mth on smoking.