This year at the W&P Show!

Sylvester

John,

This year, hope your toolbox stays shut and you get the chance to use the Saladin ;-)

It's Wayne Page's turn to break down this year Richard as per our unwritten agreement ;-)

But you never know, we might just get both Sally's in the arena again as we did in 2005 :dunno:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like this is my year for the break-downs!!! :-)

After the fan belt on the way to the Bunker the other month it now seems I've split a heater feed hose in the Stalwart coming home from the Powder Mills and an impromptu patch job is order of the day!!!

Myself and the rest of the Birmingham/West Midland MVT rabble will be in the quiet (JOKE) camping area, which is at the end of the road that runs down the side of the arena. All forum members will be made welcome.

Some of the vehicles we will be bringing down will be; Valentine Tank, T55 Tank, Militant MkIII recovery x2, militant Mk1, Bedford TM, Unimog 404-1, Samson, BedfordMK, Bedford Mj, Scammel S26, lightweight, Mt500 x2.

We are sending a scout party there this Sunday and will be there onwards.

See you all there

Im hoping to be there next thurday! but as the Pig now hates me and kicks out smoke (white) and has no brakes! I may have to lowloader there and grovel for help!

I wish i knew what was wrong with it :cry:

the brakes are not an issue its the smoke that i cant fix! (ref: wanted section hmvf)

If it's any consolation, the Lighty cuts out at every junction - despite the addition of a new fuel pump!

I look forward to the arena runs - had to be towed out (not in the Lightweight) last year. Just as well there wasn't several hundred people on the bank watching.....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Should be able to spot that easy enough. :whistle:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself :-D

Er, yes. What I meant was look for a Green tent behind a WOA2. I'm now going down to W&P on Friday 13th, and No I'm not superstious as I was born on a Friday 13th, many years ago.

Er, yes. What I meant was look for a Green tent behind a WOA2. I'm now going down to W&P on Friday 13th, and No I'm not superstious as I was born on a Friday 13th, many years ago.

:schocked: :schocked: :schocked: :schocked: :schocked: :schocked: :schocked: :schocked: :schocked: :schocked: :schocked: :schocked: :schocked: :schocked: :schocked: :schocked: :schocked: :schocked: :schocked: :schocked:

Hi all

Popped into Beltring yesterday as my WLF is located 2 mins down the road.

Met up with Mark and Lee.

Lee was in excellent spirits - considering he had pitched his tent inside out and had to re-pitch it. :rofl:

Popped over to introduce myself to Mark and the gang.

My Ward will be at the show from Monday 16th. Hopefully fixed and mobile - even if temporarily reduced to single axle drive. Collecting the bits this Tuesday (10th).

May - keeping fingers crossed - be the first outing for a Centurion ARV if things go to plan and I can arrange delivery. I'm getting very excited but there are a few hurdles to get over first.

Pitches are being snapped up as we speak so don't leave it too long before you all head over.

See you all there

Markheliops

I would suggest you get your asses in gear chaps as there are an awful lot of people pegging out already. Monkton's field is almost completely set out as well as the newly opened area (field to the rear) and America's field is getting the same way.

I can see some awfully dissapointed people if they leave it too late :dunno:

Paul apparently Greg (He who is in charge of living history) has not received any indication that you wish to set up an N.I. display I would suggest you get in touch with the office ASAP matey. :dunno:

Chris, your area is already set out and the Spartan and Striker are in position so no worries there mate. :-D

Proctaman, Same goes for the Irish contingent, will be good to see you guys again. :-D

Roll on Friday 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Should read-

Chris and Andy, your area is already set out and the Spartan and Striker are in position so no worries there mate. :-D

I hope the Striker is on dry ground, I have yet another wheel to change >:( lost a tyre on the way to the low loader pickup point. Considering CVR(T) wheels cannot get punctures, I?ve replaced more wheels than I have done on cars!!!!!

I hope the Striker is on dry ground, I have yet another wheel to change >:( lost a tyre on the way to the low loader pickup point. Considering CVR(T) wheels cannot get punctures, I?ve replaced more wheels than I have done on cars!!!!!

Sorry Andy, did mean to put your name to the post but finger slipped.

You should be OK as far as the ground goes mate as it had dried up considerably since earlier in the week.

What else are you and Chris bringing mate?

John,

Excellent, thanks for sorting us out again! I hope Lee had fun driving the CVRTs, how long did he spend driving them around the field before parking up? :) We were going to bring down the Fox aswell as the Lightweight, but we've not had any time to replace the fan belt yet. We'll have a couple of Land Rovers, a Champ and the K2 Canteen.

Chris

Chris

As far as I know he has been a very good boy and only driven them round once or twice (only your Spartan I think) .........but then again I cannot be 100% sure as not down there full time myself until Friday. But judging the smile on his face when he drove it around yesterday I have a feeling its on the list of purchases :whistle:

There should be plenty of room for what your bringing so no worries there. Is Andy bringing anything else?

John

John,

I don't mind him driving it around, but I'm not sure how much fuel is left in the jerry can and I've got to empty all the kit out the back to change it. :roll: I think everyone should own at least one CVRT........ I may have a good Sultan project for sale soon!

Andy will be coming down with us, so he won't be brining anything else. If we had our own transport we'd try and bring all our vehicles down, but trying to drive them all the 200 odd miles is asking for trouble!

Chris

John,

I don't mind him driving it around, but I'm not sure how much fuel is left in the jerry can and I've got to empty all the kit out the back to change it. :roll: I think everyone should own at least one CVRT........ I may have a good Sultan project for sale soon!

Andy will be coming down with us, so he won't be brining anything else. If we had our own transport we'd try and bring all our vehicles down, but trying to drive them all the 200 odd miles is asking for trouble!

Chris

Fully understand re the transport thing Chris, we keep saying that the next thing on the list is an LET at least but we have yet to see a decent one come up at the right price.

I also agree re the CVRT's so who knows we might just get there before next year . :whistle:

Will see you when you all get there.

I could have done - up till 1980!! Could have handled the LET as well... Then they took my HGV's away because of the dreaded epilurgy and now I can't get them back :cry: :cry:

Chris - Lee allowed me to try the Spartan's driving position for size - thanks for the opportunity - sadly it looks like thats another one crossed off the list as it seemed pretty apparent that if I got in I wouldn't be getting out under my own power.

Unless there is an art to it neither Lee nor I are aware of????