This year at the W&P Show!

Sylvester

I am going up on Sunday 15th, and will hopefully be in the same spot as last year.

From the fairground.....

Over the bridge by the NAAFI shop, left past the NLBA, keep going until you see a water tower - just the other side of that. Should be me in the LW and a Hotchkiss (2x 9x9, Artic tunnel tent, brown pup tent and a partridge in a pear tree).

If there's to be a beer and photo session, don't leave me out!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're no lightweight....

I wish my Mrs would come - but she thinks we're all strange....

I hope to get round everyone. I hope to be able to use the Iltis for this. I've only got an orange pass for it - but the infamous Press Team t-shirts may help. My old legs only have so much energy these days. If you've seen CMV then you have an approximate idea what I look like. My brother-in-law said the last time he saw legs like that they were on a piano. Maybe so but it plays a lovely tune. Highway to Hell by ACDC.

We'll see how things pan out. I'm hoping to get a snapping job done this weekend to provide the beer money. We live in hope. Office furniture has its merits.

Roll on Beltring, I love it.... but Bolero is next.

MB

Well its 5 camping and the rest are for day passes on the weekend.

i have only just sent the application off, I have called and i should be fine in the living history field, as they are expanding into more fields to accomodate! so we should be ok.

Paul,

just received confirmation that Living History is now full & overflow is going next to the Kart Track... don't forget that as you have booked in as Living History you will need your Living History PLI with you as they are strict on this & do check.. vehicle insurance won't do as you need separate PLI..

Is that an Issue? does my Pig not cover PLI?

what am i covering exactly? me? the people with me? etc?

are the barmy lot bad then? whats the score?

Also, how come you need PLI for Living history pitch, yet not for display?

Does not state this on the application?

How much would it cost?

Is that an Issue? does my Pig not cover PLI?

what am i covering exactly? me? the people with me? etc?

Also, how come you need PLI for Living history pitch, yet not for display?

Does not state this on the application?

How much would it cost?

Not sure what you mean by this :dunno:

Your mv cover does not include PLI while static.. Living History always has to have PLI & must cover all in your group..

Read..

http://wwiireenacting.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27290&highlight=war+peace+show

Are you going to be checking PLI this year? It might be a good idea with the VCR coming in.

its checked every year :?: ...forms are checked by office when arrive then passed onto me to verify. :wink:

Thanks Lee, a help as usual.

What is the cost of this insurance? and what company do i go to? footman james? etc?

I was asking why the Barmy army spot is " :shake:" do they have a bad rep? or are they just party animals etc?

Ill haveto get insurance then....

PLI for Living History Groups varies.. as far as I know none of the MV insurers do this type of policy... I'll see if I can find out for you.. before splashing out on insurance I would get confirmation in writing that you have been given living history space first...

I've never had a problem with the NLBA.. good bunch & support our show every year with no problems...

I was asking why the Barmy army spot is " :shake:" do they have a bad rep? or are they just party animals etc?

Nothing wrong with the Barmy Army - they're a nice bunch and they host a great party every year. Only problem is if you don't want to go to the party and want to have a nice, quiet, early night!

There's just a lot of them, I quite enjoyed the year we camped near them (and then again have enjoyed the years that we didn't as well :whistle:)

Nought amiss with the NLBA. They're from North London (perfection), they're an army and they're Barmy. Whats not to like? I sat at a post Beltring celebratory dinner table with two of them last autumn. Quiet as church mouses, they were.

You're no lightweight....

I wish my Mrs would come - but she thinks we're all strange....

I hope to get round everyone. I hope to be able to use the Iltis for this. I've only got an orange pass for it - but the infamous Press Team t-shirts may help. My old legs only have so much energy these days. If you've seen CMV then you have an approximate idea what I look like. My brother-in-law said the last time he saw legs like that they were on a piano. Maybe so but it plays a lovely tune. Highway to Hell by ACDC.

We'll see how things pan out. I'm hoping to get a snapping job done this weekend to provide the beer money. We live in hope. Office furniture has its merits.

Roll on Beltring, I love it.... but Bolero is next.

MB

Hah - a variance at last - proves we ain't married to the same woman!! :-)

Mines coming down on the Friday night complete with daughter (now rigged in cammo gear) - if I can get that <censored> Landrover running for her - and staying till Sunday!! :-) :-)

Still won't let me have an SLR or anything such though - apparently her face was a picture whilst I was playing with one at the Powder Mills on Sat. night. :evil: :evil:

I am going up on Sunday 15th, and will hopefully be in the same spot as last year.

From the fairground.....

Over the bridge by the NAAFI shop, left past the NLBA, keep going until you see a water tower - just the other side of that. Should be me in the LW and a Hotchkiss (2x 9x9, Artic tunnel tent, brown pup tent and a partridge in a pear tree).

If there's to be a beer and photo session, don't leave me out!

I am also going down to W & P on Sunday 15th, and am staying with friends next to where you are - look for a large green tent. Come and say 'hello'. I will be with a WOA2 and WOT2.

Nothing wrong with an SLR Paul has a few to play with...

I know that....

You know that....

But try telling my wife that... Rather - unless you are having a suicide jag - don't try telling her that if you expect to retain the same number of bodily members/retain the same amount of body fluids as before the opening of the mouth!!!

We'll be down there from the 14th setting up the big Gulf War 1 display. From then on Grasshopper and I can usually be found upside-down in the engine bay of something sand-coloured surrounded by piles of tools and left-over parts. If the legs sticking out are long and have comedy knees they're mine, short ones are his.

At this rate our first job of the week after set-up may well be to install a CVRT gearbox :roll:

Do come and say 'hi'!

This year I wil NOT bet hanging upside down somewhere in JT's Saladin as there will be no need to... right John :dunno:

I have absolutely no idea what you mean Old chap :whistle:

This season I shall be mostly wearing .....................Dust :evil: :evil:

That or a thong :whistle: