This year at the W&P Show!

Sylvester

Hi All :wave:

Now, I'm sure there is probably already a thread all about this somewhere already :knockknock:

But.... Is there gonna be a particular area that HMVF members are going to park up? Reason for asking is that we are going down very early that week! But don't want to set up miles away from everyone else :naughty:

We used to park up where we used to have the Chieftain before, but we fancy somewhere different this year, likewise we don't want to nick someone elses regular pitch if we can help it :oops2:

Somewhere over by the Americas field looks better! :tup:

All the Best Folks

Fred & Annika :banana: :yay:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Fred,

the main problem is most members travel with local groups/friends they have met up with in previous years. The Americas field is dotted with groups, with members of the forum it is just a matter of tracking em down :cofee: :beer:

Ashley

Without forcing anyone to volunteer, perhaps anyone who will be having a bigger plot could make themselves a RVP point - especially in the Americas Field?????? I'm not sure where I'm going to set camp myself = will probably stay near the showers and the press office for hygiene and work reasons. But this year I will have the Von Slowmobile with me for press buggy games.

Sounds like a small plot in the Americas field might be a good place to be then eh! :goodidea:

Will be having a small board in front of the old Ferret, so will also display a HMVF badge on that too :tup:

We will be there early on but we won't take up too much space, there will be four of us this year, me n the Mrs n Mark n his Mrs!! ( Should be Interesting!!) Ha Ha! :box:

Really looking forward to it, see you all soon!

All the Best Folks

Fred & Annika :banana: :yay:

Mick,

Fill in the form (I think you have a few days left before you become a late entry) with all your details. When you turn up go to the booking in tent, tell them who you are and get a wrist band. Once you have that you can get in and find a spot to camp.

Chris

Last year we were next to Sirhc as we were years earlier when they had a Champ.

We meet up with some Brit friends with whom we camp.

We arrive on Monday and try to find a place in the America's field on the righthand side close to the main road more or less halfway to the back.

Hopefully are mates will be earlier though, its hard to find a spot on Monday.

• 2 weeks later...
I have one of those "30 second" tents, so about 45 seconds after arrival should be found somewhere amongst the stalls looking for a new tent after throwing current tent away in a petulant frenzy (this is a petulant frenzy. I'm petulant and I'm having a frenzy!)

Nah, really? ;-)

Looks like we will have a big HMVF squad for a party this year.....I may get there Tuesday PM. That's If I can get home from work early enough and have the rustybucket loaded. 50mph to Beltring from Southend should take, ooh, one or two days. See you Friday. It'll be interesting to see if James and I will actually get the tent up that evening without killing each other.....But once we're operational things will be grand. I'll be in the staff laager (I hope). But we will be able to get around for visits....I've only ever stayed over for one night before - so staying til Sunday will be amusing. Not sure who for yet though.

The Mrs, maybe???

I shall be arriving thursday 12th and setting up, main crew arrive the following week, booked 20 of us in as living history.

Should be some nice Photos of the pig and complement of crew I hope! try and get a pig on the war and peace website! or indeed in a magazine! as people dont like pigs much :dunno:

Not me Paul. I've always liked bacon. We have do to our photoshoot in a suitable setting at some point. I haven't forgotten - nor has John B - you had some stuff to sort..... Anyway - I'll definitely see you for some snaps at the Hop Farm. Once you're sorted we can work something out. Not to be missed....I hope. Always busy at Beltring. I'll PM you with a mobile number at some point.

MB

That would be good! yeah i have had a load to sort! and indeed still have a load more to sort as well! but I shall be there for sure! No matter what happens! Even if its pay to get it there on a Lowloader! ill be there!

And we can chat over a beer about the shoot :-D

Looks like we will have a big HMVF squad for a party this year.....I may get there Tuesday PM. That's If I can get home from work early enough and have the rustybucket loaded. 50mph to Beltring from Southend should take, ooh, one or two days. See you Friday. It'll be interesting to see if James and I will actually get the tent up that evening without killing each other.....But once we're operational things will be grand. I'll be in the staff laager (I hope). But we will be able to get around for visits....I've only ever stayed over for one night before - so staying til Sunday will be amusing. Not sure who for yet though.

The Mrs, maybe???

Mine had the hump last year at being expected to attend - and wound up enjoying herself so much she's coming back this year of her own free will.

So much so that I'm getting grief of the 'ear-hole 'cos the landie isn't already running for her to use...... :shake:

I shall be arriving thursday 12th and setting up, main crew arrive the following week, booked 20 of us in as living history.

Have you spoke to Greg Cottee about your living history pitch?? if not you'll be lucky to get one this year...

Well im waiting for a call, but i might try and call them, if not its squeezing in with the Essex lot in the americas field;)

As Im sure the Underground Exploration team are welcomed with open arms :-D

Sorry Paul we can't accommodate a team of 20 :-o all our space has now been allocated...

you should of received your passes by now...

Well its 5 camping and the rest are for day passes on the weekend.

i have only just sent the application off, I have called and i should be fine in the living history field, as they are expanding into more fields to accomodate! so we should be ok.

Does anyone know how they get things dug at WP? as you often see trenches etc? I know permission will be needed, but do WP have a digger?

As part our display requires digging a trench, and As much fun as it was in the forces, id rather use power!

Being infantry and meant to do that the only time we did was during training.... Then it was call the engineers in to do it for you!

I should be there the whole last weekend but still unsure of this car park for support?!? How secure is it does anyone know?