Snow..

Marmite!!

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The RB44 was brilliant in the snow 20inches and it never once struggled also great at pulling out stuck cars.

On the road well after reading other reports and in-service reports mine must be the odd one out, It drives exceptionally well stops in a straight line goes off the speedo and is great off road, but and it is only a small but in my humble opinion the cab sits on top of the wonderful Perkins engine and the cab is only a light truck type and it’s a tad noisy and the cab rather tinny so it rattles but one thing you would never fall asleep driving it.

And yes its great fun vehicle to drive.

Cheers Ian.

I'll 2nd that. :D

Tryed mine in the snow here in Derbyshire and was the only moving vheical.

Snowing heavily down here in Kent........and just heard a crash of thunder !!!!!!!

Check the garden wall Richard! :-D You might find something on the lawn! Reminds me of a triple nine call I took. Weather like this. A lady phoned up on a Sunday morning. The kids had ben giving her hell being stuck in the house. She had finally lost it and dragged them out of the front room up to their bedrooms demanding that they tidy up. Just as they got to the top of the stairs there was tremendous crash. A car had left the road and come through the wall into the front room.

Edited by Tony B

Check the garden wall Richard! :-D You might find something on the lawn!

Tony, the only thing on the lawn is 4 inches of snow, just dumped on us this morning :-|. But I did hear a car outside later, trying to burn its way through to the tarmac, incredible how people thing the more revs you have, the more likely you are to move on snow and ice :D

Isn't it about time the UK government changed the law? here in Germany we have to have winter tyres fitted, beore Nov 26th it was optional but most Germans had them anyway, I was annoyed at first having to buy another set of tyres for a brand new car and have always managed, however we are having a bad winter this year and the tyres are working superbly, you don't see many cars stuck and towns coming to a complete standstill in Germany.

Contraversial maybe, does it work? damn right it does.

Isn't it about time the UK government changed the law? here in Germany we have to have winter tyres fitted, beore Nov 26th it was optional but most Germans had them anyway, I was annoyed at first having to buy another set of tyres for a brand new car and have always managed, however we are having a bad winter this year and the tyres are working superbly, you don't see many cars stuck and towns coming to a complete standstill in Germany.

Contraversial maybe, does it work? damn right it does.

You can have the best vehcile with the best tyres, but if the drivers crap.......