Weather

Degsy

Don't know how the rest of you are coping but round here has been atrocious. We had freezing rain on Saturday afternoon and again last night turning roads and pavements into sheets of ice. Saturday afternoon and again this morning my son was asked to go out with the digger to recover cars that were on their roofs in country lanes, one very badly smashed , the other drivable although it had slid on its roof for a considerable distance, fortunately there were no injuries. Tonight we are expecting -10

so who knows what the morning will bring.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Stoke up the fire ,open a bottle and pull up the rocking chair mate.its a balmy -2 here in the smoke.:-D

We had -14 last night and a max today of -7 :shake: Yesterday morning we had some snow in our part of the country which caused massive traffic jams. Longest congestion was from Eindhoven to Maastricht, 52km!!!!

More cold weather coming in the next few days.. :coffee:

It was a balmy -2 when I drove Emily to school this merry morn. It never got above 0 while Grimmer and I toured Brookwood yesterday. We had masses of layers on, the groundsman we spoke to had pulled on a sweatshirt. Not good. Came home frozen, but happy.

M

A keen young plasterer turned up this morning to render the back wall of a bungalow, I said it was still frozen but he knew better! :rolleyes:

After he had put the scratch coat on I poked it and it was hard, frozen said I

Na that's strong mix, fast setting says he, see ya tomorrow, bring a shovel I said to shovel it into the skip

After he had gone the sun came round and bless me it all went soft again, it's hard again now, of course it's not frozen again :rofl::rofl:

Too young to remember proper cold, live and learn. :coffee:

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Was sunny today in London till about 15:00 then in came the fog. Visibility now about 20 feet and the rear view mirrors icing up. Got off the bus and scraped the ice of the back of the mirrors.

I hope there wernt any passengers on board,you know its against the rules.:rofl:

• 10 months later...

OK not snow now but we have been put on a severe weather warning down here :shocked: Winds forecast to blow at over 75 mph later tonight, loads of rain and high tide is due about 9.30pm. The met office have issued a flood warning for Hayling Island as well! Hope we make it through, I have a first aid course to attend tomorrow for work!!!!!! The Cubed one has been out and tied down all tarps and checked the Jimmy over. Fingers crossed!