youngguns explorer blog

younggun

A chap in Dartford imported 19 from Germany after disposal if I remember the conversation correctly and sold them all except one rather sad looking skeleton in his yard !

I had a feeling some of them must have subsequently returned home.

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive checked round the back off the block allready there was that much oil in that area i doute it would ever rust .

i did think of posting it in the index but i thort i would post it here first . i can email it u if u want bernard .

I think it rusts from inside, oil or no oil, yes please a copy of that would be interesting thanks.

Looks from that list that a great many of them were sold off in Germany rather than returning here. No doubt they would've done a great job for many a European recovery firms as they have here, but how many have made it into enthusiast hands on the continent?

I'm not aware of a great Scammell following other than in the U.K. but perhaps I'm wrong and it's a worldwide obsession.

They were sold off in Germany by the Disposals Organisation RAOC to the likes of L W Vass who then brought them back to the UK. I bought chassis 7413 for spares which was sold in Hamm, Westfalia on 05/06/72.

Scammellitis is a predominantly UK activity; the rest of the world thinks of us as a nation of junk collectors:(

gents i am in need of some engine mounts i have the robush catalogue infront of me i just need to know what the sizes they are :confused:

my front mount on the engine is to badly worn to get an acurate size from

can eny one help :sweat:

Edited by younggun

gents i am in need of some engine mounts i have the robush catalog infront of me i just need to know wot the seizes they are :confused:

If the front ones look like this......... contact BigChris. He had some made. :)

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/attachment.php?attachmentid=4490&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1231329356

• 2 weeks later...
gents i am in need of some engine mounts i have the robush catalogue infront of me i just need to know what the sizes they are :confused:

HI youngguns

You could try Dunlop Vcs Ltd they used to carry those mounts in stock,

partnumber 31/0242/03 the rubber strength was denoted by a pink dot.

They used to be in Evington valley road Leiceter LE5 5LY, Has been a few

years don't know if still there!

hi all

just so u guys dont think i have done a runner, quick progress report

heads.

have been skimmed as advised my some one more in the know than me. valves have been lapped in and re fitted allso have made the 6 spacers needed for the head torque plan and the 6 copper washers for the injectors i decided to make these as it was quicker than trying to find some the rite size. both heads just need a little paint and they are done .

engine mounts

have been found in the robush catalog

other things

i have decided not too paint the rocker covers rocker box and inlet manifold as they are aluminium so i will give them a gd polish and hope they come up well .

progress is slow but i am getting there . will get u all some pics soon

nick

Edited by younggun

Just in case you haven't seen it for a while, just a small fix to keep you going :-D

Well, there's no HMVFTV anymore and someone may have missed it. :cool2:

Something went wrong...

Edited by gritineye

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

:tup:: whots needed is a section just for videos,i started one Lost Videos,why not put the rest in that Bernard.

You were barely doing a walker when I saw you on Sunday with that ickle transformer thing:-D

:rofl::rofl:the highways muppets are most upset that i can cause a bigger rolling road block than they can . :-\

thanks bernard il take my laptop down the farm and i will show it floyd to show him wot he,s missing

Edited by younggun

Can't bring myself to clean mine up till i know it's going to work. Looking good, No need for tin foil round your sausage rolls when your warming them up just slap them straight on the manifold. You could even eat straight of the heads.:thumbsup:

Can't bring myself to clean mine up till i know it's going to work. Looking good, No need for tin foil round your sausage rolls when your warming them up just slap them straight on the manifold. You could even eat straight of the heads.:thumbsup:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: i like your style rob sex ,trucks and sausage rolls

Edited by younggun

Going to be looking a bit shiney for a military vehicle isn't it?

Could be in competition with that Gardner engine posted on Jim's Pioneer restoration blog.

Looks a nice job of skimming that head, can't see any machining marks at all.

Going to be looking a bit shiney for a military vehicle isn't it?

Could be in competition with that Gardner engine posted on Jim's Pioneer restoration blog.

Looks a nice job of skimming that head, can't see any machining marks at all.

it looks shiney because i am crap at painting and polishing is easier :-D

the machining marks are viseible the head was skimed useing a fly cutter but the machining marks give the copper gasket something to grip too

Edited by younggun

it looks shiney cus i am crap at painting polishing is esayer :-D

the machining marks are viseible the head was skimed useing a fly cutter but the machining marks give the cooper gasket something to grip too

I can't make out any machinig mark's on the photo. Was wondering if it was done with a fly cutter or face mill.

soon as i get the mass a parts in the garage back under the bonnet where they belong .but untill i get over the cold from hell not much progress is goingto be made . i am rearly looking forward to joining in the fun and games :-D

Edited by younggun