youngguns explorer blog

younggun

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought u might like that andy . we did beat 10 in a line i will put the video up soon as i get it uploaded to youtube . also my entry for war and peace has arrived :-D best get back to work and fix this dynamo coupling as my fix did not last very long but it lasted long enough to have some fun

nick

Edited by younggun

well thats wot i thought ime sat looking at my vehical pass infront of me now . floyds got to have a bit more work done first tho he mite need a propshaft seal in the rear dif as hes leaking a bit of oil on a long run . rearly looking forward to the show tho :-D

Edited by younggun

Get a leather seal as if there's any wear on the flange surface they seem to last better than modern ones, soak it in oil before fitting.

Have you a contact that sells them Bernard as I may as well fit one , seeing as the props coming off soon ! :-D

JUST REALIZED YOU LOT AIN'T BEEN PAYING ATTENTION IN CLASS........IN MY OFFICE NOW!:beatenup: How many times do I have to say things??

Next lesson, holding the diff flange on is a castellated nut, the threads and split pin will most probably be rusty, clean it all up apply WD 40. Straighten the ends of the split pin, then hacksaw it off tight against the nut, this will make it easier to drive out without it bending again.

Being a worm drive it will feel soft and bouncy when you try to undo the nut, to stop this take a 6" ish long bit of steel with a hole in one end and fit it behind the flange with one of the propshaft bolts, it will rest on the casting and stop it turning, same to tighten.

If the relief valve in the prop UJ has weakened and lets grease out before the joint is purged, take this opportunity to take it out and solder it up.

There will be a test.........................:readbook:

• 2 weeks later...

:-Dhi all ,i have nearly got floyds dynamo drive shaft sorted ready for war and peace. i am now trying the rubber hose method with it looking gd at the mo. will have a test run on sataday and start to get floyd ready for the trip down to the hop farm next friday (the 17th) who can i expect to be there to meet and greet:wave: ? i mite need a helping hand from some one to set up camp as i will be by myself:-D

Edited by younggun

Sorry mate have to give W&P a miss and only do GDSF this year. Hope you and |floyd have a trouble free trip though (sure you will). Must be a great feeling to get him back on the road and enjoy driving him around. |Fixing stuff has it's good points, but is never as good as having a drive is it? :-D:-D:-D:drive::drive::drive:

:-Dhi all i have nearly got floyds dynamo drive shaft sorted ready for war and peac i am now trying the rubber hose method with it looking gd at the mo will have a test run on sataday and start to get foyd ready for the trip down to the hop farm next friday (the 17th) who can i xepect to be ther to meet and greet:wave: ? i mite need a helping hand form some one to set up camp as it shall be only me myslef and I oh and floyd :-D
Leaving on Friday and arriving when mate ? :cool2: I won't be there till Saturday at the earliest I'm afraid if you still need a hand then just give me a tinkle !:-D

Leaving on Friday and arriving when mate ? :cool2: I won't be there till Saturday at the earliest I'm afraid if you still need a hand then just give me a tinkle !:-D

hopeing to be there by friday i,m getting a piggy back most of the way so it shouldant take that long :coffee:

Edited by younggun

:-Dhi all ,i have nearly got floyds dynamo drive shaft sorted ready for war and peace. i am now trying the rubber hose method with it looking gd at the mo.

There ya go, this is a four cylinder meadows diesel in a Latil at Ardingly, looks like it's lasted a long time too

DSCF7185.jpg

There ya go, this is a four cylinder meadows diesel in a Latil at Ardingly, looks like it's lasted a long time too

thanks Bernard .. funny enough there is not alot different from the Latil to mine now. I got mine back together yesterday with some made up flanges that fit onto some large diamiter hydra.olic hose and two hose clips. Jobs a goodun:thumbsup:

Edited by younggun

• 2 weeks later...

after a rather long and slow drive me and floyd made it home at 2 in the morning . he seemed to enjoy his little outing on the motorway alltho he decided to stick his heels in about 5 miles from the hop farm when he knew he was going home . we where running along fine then nothing. managed to coast into a lay by to investegate . turned out to be a fuel problem spent the next hour trying to suck some fuel up with no luck so with help from graham germany we rigged up a jerry can to gravty feed the pump so we could get floyd up road a bit more where graham had another fuel filter and after some allterations we where up and running. no problems thereafter . arriving back in the yard feeling that we had achived a small step for man but a giant leap for scammell .:yay:

whent back to the yard this morning to put floyd back to bed started first jab of the button :yay: but then the compressor decided it was its turn to play up:noyay: now have compressor in the garage waiting investigation

on the whole war and peace was a brilliant week away for me. just like to say it was great to meet more people from the forum this year :thumbsup:

nikki

Edited by younggun