youngguns explorer blog

younggun

30MPH or thought you said it went like ...?

Nice and easy to tweak the pumps on TDis then readjust them for the MOT.

Never got round to messing with my TD5 disco before the injector wiring loom got oily and I fell out with it.

30mpg was tyred yesterday

nice and easy

60,000miles on the wiring loom

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

qUOTE=rbrtcrowther;140231]Any news on your scammell? It's all gone a bit quiet:???

ah well news i was coming to that honest :sweat:

as u may know i have been working flat out the last few weekends on the truck and despite several confirmed sightings i WAS NOT swanning around a transport festival in the north of wales drinking beer with other HMVF forum members who where also neglecting their restorations . just to make it clear :-D

made some more progress today .Engine mounts have arrived and the front has been chaged just got the back to do now and check the alleignment . rockers are in just need a bit more fine tuning and set the tappets . most of the cooling system is back where it belongs also .

i did manage to have a little drive today purge the need . even if i was only being towed by the yard tug :-D

on another note i might have to give the other green machine some love as the landys transfer box soundend like i was dragging it behind on a chain on the way back form some social shingdig lastweekend :coffee:

nick

Edited by younggun

ah well news i was cuming to that honest :sweat:

as u may know i have been working flat out the last few weekends on the truck and despite sevral confirmed sightings i WAS NOT swanning around a transport festival in the north of wales drinking beer with other HMVF forum members who where also neglegting ther restorations . just to make it clear :-D

Oh yeah, so who was the person masquerading as you and trying to lead Andy and me astray?:-D

• 2 weeks later...

just to let u guys know i havent left the country ive just been in scotland working for the last few weeks so progress on floyd has stoped but will restart tomorrow and will have some more pics for u all to enjoy

but for now here is my excuse for lack of progress :-D

018.jpg

just to let u guys know i havent left the country ive just been in scotland working for the last few weeks so progress on floyd has stoped but will restart tomorrow and will have some more pics for u all to enjoy

but for now here is my excuse for lack of progress :-D

How is the new MAN performing compared to the DAF/Ginafs?

How is the new MAN performing compared to the DAF/Ginafs?

i had a feeling that some comparison question would come from the direction of radiomike :-D

well there will be an article in an upcoming truck and driver magazine covering much the same question but as u have asked=

MANs 680 horsepowers beats the DAFs 480 hp hands down cant fault it in that department the driver was not exepecting the automatic gearbox to be as good as it is the suspension and the cab space is the only thing that lets it down compared to the DAF and the steering wheel being on the wrong side its still proving itself at the moment

Edited by younggun

hi all

after bolting on the last remaining parts left in the garage and folowing rbrtcrowthers blog on meadows engine recomissioning floyd is now once again a RUNNER :dancinggirls:only thing he is lacking is an exshaust manifold but wot a noise :-D

Edited by younggun

• 2 weeks later...

hi all after running around like a headless chicken yesterday trying to make 7/16 bsf studs to hold the manifold on floyd is now compleat with only a slight water leak left to cure . i will apolgize now for the lack of fotos and videos as i have seem to have skiped the boreing bits and seem to have lots of pics of floyd streching his legs / beams :-D

P1000171.jpg

P1000172.jpg

P1000156.jpg

P1000164.jpg

P1000173.jpg

P1000170.jpg

How did Floyd perform mate ? Faultlessly I hope ! :-D Oh and wheres the video evidence to prove he wasn't lowloaded there ? :-D:-D

floyds peformance was suprising didant miss a beat all weekend plods along nicely at about 28mph gearbox is a dream no virbation through the gearstick at all and no whineing in top gear . overall i am a very happy chap really didant want to put him back to bed, if i had go my way i would of been on the way to lands end by now :-D i did have one problem which was more of a blessing at the time. i dont seem to be getting any output from the dynamo so batteriers where not chargeing meaning no stoping engin:nono: managed to charge batters enough off the mains to last the weekend trough, so i will look into this problem soon as time permits . any ideas welcome .? and andy i have found a source of winning lottery tickets. u find one in the cab soon as your tyers hit the queens highway the feeling is brilliant :-D

P1000269.jpg

P1000237.jpg

P1000232.jpg

P1000243.jpg

Edited by younggun

andy i have found a source of winning lottery tickets u find one in the cab soon as your tyers hit the queens highway the feeling is brilliant :-D

Great stuff Nick, I remember that feeling well!

We always knew Floyd's a good 'un. :yay: