Day trip to view the National War & Liberty museum and the Marshall museum?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, the dutch guys are Boss, you must do everything we ask.

Whoehaaaa, POWER! :coffee:

Which reminds me - didn't the Dutch guys promise to supply breakfast to us weary travelers due to the ingodly hours we'll be leaving home!!! Bacon buttys and tea/coffee all round...

(That'll teach 'em to go power crazy!!)

Neil that better be a JOKE!!!!!

:shake::shake::shake::shake:

Umm - sort of Tony - I know they are here somewhere...... It's just the exact where is a bit elusive right now....

Which reminds me folks - don't forget your passports!!! (I can say that 'cos it's the one thing I HAVE found!!) :):):)

Hi all,

have decided to stay overnight on the Friday and Saturday at the Days inn at Stan stead, anyone passing here on way to airport on Sat AM that could possibly pick us up ?? or are others staying here to share a taxi.

cheers

Ashley

Right - for those who are going - Stansted Car Parking.

You have three options:

1) you can use the Short Stay car park; this will set you back around £26.00 but is only a 5 to 10 minute walk to the check-in.

2) You can use the Mid Stay parking area - this costs £15.10 per 24 hours or part thereof. A bus ride to the terminal so the web site reckons you need to allow 40 minutes to park up and get to the terminal

3) You can use the long stay car park - this is only £8.80 - again their web site recommends allowing 40 minutes to get to the terminal building as you need to catch the bus from the car park.

The website says the Stansted buses run a 24 hour service - but not the timings for that early in the day....

Long and mid stay car parks are paid via credit/debit card on arrival - not sure whether the short term one is just cash or card as well.

I'll probably use the Long Term park so collections from the Days Inn will be just after 04:00 - is that OK Ashley????

Car park map:

STN_car_park_map_1024x768.gif

Do not forget your passport and, if possible, some other form of photographic ID for the check in process.

Remember too that the booking was made on the premise no flight bags would be carried, only cameras. Anything larger than a camera case may (will??) attract extra fees from the airline!!

RV point is the EasyJet check in area at 05:00 Hrs Sat Morning. DON'T BE LATE"!! :) It should be easy enough to spot me - 6' tall, wearing glasses and a HMVF polo shirt!!!

Any questions - ask now else see you all there folks!!!!

Edited by ArtistsRifles

Right - just printed the ticket thingy off and, as we have no luggage to check in it, appears we can check in now. If we do this then we don't need to get to the airport until 06:15 to 06:30 (allowing a margin for error) but there will be no time for breakfast of any sort). I can print the boarding passes here.

Whats the consensus of the group folks - do you want me to do the check in now so we get there at the times I mentioned above and forgo brekkie and the chance of better seating postions??

Or would you rather get there a bit earlier as planned, check in normally and grab the chance for tea/coffee/bacon butty or whatever and have a better chance at decent seat positions??

Over to you!!!:):)