Day trip to view the National War & Liberty museum and the Marshall museum?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Right folks - spoken to Easy Jet and, at the moment the price is £58,27 per head inc. all taxes and charges for 7th Feb. This is for 8 adults and one under 14 and no hold baggage. But they say seats are starting to go as this is a business flight.

I've got most peoples details now but am still waiting for Deucemand and Jacks. Jack - if nothing else I need you to confirm the young ones age at date of travel - I've assumed he's under 14??

Flight details are:

Out: flight 3001; dep. Sat 07 Feb 07:15 arr. Sat 07 Feb 09:20

Back: flight 3010; dep. Sat 07 Feb 21:10 arr. Sat 07 Feb 21:15

So - we will need to RV at Stansted at at least 05:00 (2 hour check-in) and you will need a form of photographic ID - whether that is in addition to a your passport is something the EasyJet website is rather vague about.

For the return trip, Joris, we will need to be at Amsterdam airport by 19:00 Hrs

If it's too far to travel then there is a Days Inn at the Bishps Stortford services on the M11 - a room there with two singles and a safa bed is £70.

Contact details:

DAYS INN

WELCOME BREAK SERVICE AREA,

BISHOPS STORTFORD

CM23 5QZ

Phone No. 01279-656477

Edited by ArtistsRifles

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you go by train to Overloon it will be another 2,5h (each way) so that is not an option.

I can rent a 9 person van which will cut the travel time to 1,5h (each way). Cost will be aprox €170 (including fuel), if we devide this by 9 it's €18 or around 14 GBP each and less then half the price of the train ticket.

I propose the following global programme:

I'll pick you up at Schiphol Aiport having rented the van

10:00h, depart for Overloon

11:30h, arrive at Overloon

Visit Museum

Lunch in Museum

Visit Overloon CWCG cemetery

16:00h, depart Overloon for Arnhem

17:00h, short visit to John Frostbridge and Oosterbeek CWCG cemetery

19:00h, arrive Schiphol

Because of the limited time available I propose that you will eat dinner after clearing customs.

Of course we can shorten the visit to Overloon and lengthen the visit to Arnhem / Oosterbeek, I can even give you a battlefield tour. 4,5hrs in the museum might be too long.

We can cut our visit to Overloon short and visit the Hartenstein museum in Oosterbeek too.

Plenty of options!

Yes please - can you list our options please JN?

- you do realise you will be driving the Brits around - we are very fussy passengers.:coffee:

The Hartenstein museum is closed until September 2009 so we can take that off our schedule. :(

Do they know who the hell we think we are - tell them we are coming and it better be open - otherwise I will be having words with Cofe Anan:(

Well they are refurbishing it and will modernize it, adding an elevator for the less mobile visitors. It will mean changing the appearance of the builiding, which is a shame. They will also extend the museum with a large basement where they can have temporary exibitions.