Jack

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seriously she is working!

And it certainly looks like an earthing problem. I disconnect the power from the battery to the starting motor. Connected jump leads from our car to the starting motor and earthed it out of the winch cable.

I switched on the lights to see if I had power and they worked! I then turned it over after pouring some fuel in the carb and it fired up within 4 turns...over the moon with that.

The is from the battery to the starting motor because as soon as I diconnected the jump leads from the car - the engine stopped............

Seriously she is working!

And it certainly looks like an earthing problem. I disconnect the power from the battery to the starting motor. Connected jump leads from our car to the starting motor and earthed it out of the winch cable.

I switched on the lights to see if I had power and they worked! I then turned it over after pouring some fuel in the carb and it fired up within 4 turns...over the moon with that.

The is from the battery to the starting motor because as soon as I diconnected the jump leads from the car - the engine stopped............

Told you the old jump lead trick would find the problem:coffee:

If the enigine is running you should be able to disconnect the battery and the engine should stay running. If it stops then the generator is not working properly and it's draining the battery.

Had this problem on my Dodge, problem was an earthing cable on the generator.

Ashley isn't that photo from Blazin Saddles :rofl: but updated to WWII ?

I m not sure about a video being sufficient enough after all the things you can do with CGI now adays , Best to have few unbiased witnesses on the scene as well :cool2: :-D:rofl: