Scammell Pioneer Gallery

Great link, thanks; and some iconic Scammells in that collection. I was really surprised to see the Pioneer TRMU and trailer - I thought it was overseas. Here are some more photographs of 'her' at Beltring W&P many years ago:

Scammell Pioneer TMRU 01.jpg

Scammell Pioneer TMRU 02.jpg

Scammell Pioneer TMRU 03.jpg

Edited by Runflat

Nice pics Runflat, notice the broken up coupling parts beside the front wheel, it arrived on site with no rubber bits left in one of the coupling! :shake:

I seem to remember the coupling being brass, and really shiny where the two brass parts where in contact.

The film Glorious 39 has a scene where the heroine is inexplicably unable to outrun a Pioneer SV2S in a sports car, had many of these been cast and got into private hands in 1939? I think not..

She pulls over to let it pass..

She comes across a checkpoint and gosh another Pioneer..

Amazingly this one is a REME SV1S, much more likely! Any one know who owns this rare beast?

Glorious 1.JPG

Glorious 2.JPG

Glorious 3.JPG

Glorious 4.JPG

Hello,

maybe of interest but

on ebay in Austria pictures of an Scammel Pioneer after the war in Austria are sold.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/1-191-4Fotos-USA-div-LKW-Vorkrieg-2-/380381494426?pt=Kataloge_Prospekte&hash=item589080fc9a#ht_500wt_1156.

It is not on the topic but as there are pictures of CP Fords too i will say that as far as i know Austria got some CP Fords after the war to overcome shortages of transportation of food.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/1-192-4Fotos-USA-div-LKW-Vorkrieg-3-/380381494448?pt=Kataloge_Prospekte&hash=item589080fcb0#ht_500wt_1156

Motorfahrer

• 2 weeks later...

Playing with my new Phone.

This is all that is left of the Scammell factories in Watford.

The first is was a factory, the second is of the rear gates and fence at the old main factory.

There has been built a housing estate and the street names do bear witness to their past Pioneer Way, Crusader Way and Explorer Drive, They all lead off Scammell Way.

Not much!

IMAG0008.1.jpg

IMAG0010.1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

this scammell was bought bought by my dad in 1981 he bought of quarnby garage the writing pictured on the side is the garage. it was a 1939 and it had all the origonal equpment and had a exstremly rare large dash board wich nearly dounle the amount of dials, and my dad recalls that it used to make a "hissss" when you pressed the clutch down like the brake and that was onley on the early ones he then had to sell and it ended up in a museum after being restored it is still preasant in the museum now the museum is in prauge. attachment.php?attachmentid=11466&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1269167457&bmi_orig_img=1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I forgot this one a Pioneer with Rogers trailer and a centurion.

I am getting rid of a fork lift/crane vehicle that dosnt work properly, and I would like to fill the space with a Scammell...

Blimey they made that one earn its keep Niels ! Its absolutely normal to want lots of Scammells mate !

Nice looking Pioneer on Ebay at the moment ! No connection to seller ! :-D http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200720334959&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123

That would be the one belonging to Parry Davis from the Scammell Register, not sure of the logic behind fitting radials to the rear to make the steering lighter though:???:???