Scammell Pioneer Gallery

Hi to all, my pioneer R100 is 1940 and has the Scammell embossed into the radiator, I also did own a TRMU30 with the same radiator on. After the war most pioneers were completely rebuilt as base Overhauls and there was a certain amount of mixing and matching with parts being overhauled and recirculated for other vehicle rebuilds. My gun tractor is complete if you need any measurements.

Hi to all, my pioneer R100 is 1940 and has the Scammell embossed into the radiator, I also did own a TRMU30 with the same radiator on. After the war most pioneers were completely rebuilt as base Overhauls and there was a certain amount of mixing and matching with parts being overhauled and recirculated for other vehicle rebuilds. My gun tractor is complete if you need any measurements.

Welcome onboard. It would be great to see some pictures of your Pioneer if you could post some up. Also if you have any of the one you used to own they would be appreciated as well.

Scott

Hi Mark,

Would be very interested in seeing your gun tractor, where abouts in the country are you?

The Scammell in the radiator was originally only fitted to early ones and during world war 2 it was deleted due to the extra work needed to do it. As Mark says a lot were rebuilt after the war and the parts got muddled up. My gun tractor is 1938 and should have Scammell in the radiator but doesn't. It has a rebuild plate from the early 1950's.

Cheers

Ed

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Heres another R100 we have known of for years, in safe hands but unfortunatly not going anywhere soon :([ATTACH=CONFIG]72215[/ATTACH]

Do you know what year this one is? Has a few features that make me think it is a pre-war one. Would really like to have a look at it if it is. Mine is 1938 and there are quite a few detail differences that I need some information on.

Thanks

Ed

Probably the most desirable Pioneer ever made, dunno where this came from, found it lurking on my puter..Scammell hot rod or what?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72501[/ATTACH]

Looks like a cross between the chitty chitty bang bang car and a Pioneer! What a pimpin' ride....

And yes Niels that was my first thought when I saw that picture, any idea what "type" of camouflage that is? Anyone got a better picture of something similar? Would be much more interesting the sand or green...

Looks like a cross between the chitty chitty bang bang car and a Pioneer! What a pimpin' ride....

And yes Niels that was my first thought when I saw that picture, any idea what "type" of camouflage that is? Anyone got a better picture of something similar? Would be much more interesting the sand or green...

I can not remember seing any thing like that on british vehicle (LRDG excluded) before it looks almost German... I have attached a couple of pictures of captured Scammells.

I would also say the Royal Navy pioneer is pretty cool

120601.jpg

A%20Scammel%20in%20use%20by%20the%20Afrika%20Korps_%20pic%20c.jpg

GermanSchammell.JPG

I can not remember seing any thing like that on british vehicle (LRDG excluded) before it looks almost German... I have attached a couple of pictures of captured Scammells.

I would also say the Royal Navy pioneer is pretty cool

Not a Pioneer Niels but a prototype 4x4 petrol engined coastal artillery tractor designed to an Admirality specification and delivered 6 months prior to the outbreak of WW2. As Bernard has just written, it passed into the hands of a fairground showman.

Edited by radiomike7