Crocs' Explorer Blog

croc

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't done much since GDSF but I have been out collecting wood, some of which came out of Adams river which looked like beavers had moved in until we cleared it out.

do you want this as a profile picture Adam?

img1238vc9.jpg

img1239ug1.jpg

img1240dk3.jpg

Ive been tango'd !! Just got to love those surplus RN immersion suits, which i found had all the water stopping ability of toilet roll!

What isnt shown was the complete 20metre high pine tree that we pulled out further down the river, only having to use the top crane winch!

• 1 month later...
The Explorer is post war, therefore far superior then wartime stuff that was put together in a hurry, out of whatever was available, and not expected to last long. :evil: :whistle:

As far as Explorers are concerned only the first contract (batch / order) were specified with heaters. I have a copy of an EMER instruction dated April '60 titled "removal of unserviceable cab heating system" for removal rather than repair of the heating system.

What is strange, is that my Explorer which was of the second contract, has a heater and demister fitted. It is the correct system for the Explorer but, by the book, it shouldn't be there; I suspect it was sent somewhere cold and someone fitted it, but whether this was done "in service" or not I have no idea.

Hi Croc-great photos. My '55 Explorer had a cab heating system fitted before I stripped it. There was a radiator down by the passenger seat below the winch lever and pipes up the back of the cab to a big blower mounted on the roof. This had pipes to the windscreen. It was a messy set up but looked original. I'm not sure I'll refit it when the time comes. We'll see. Daz

• 1 month later...

I haven't had much to post on here for a while, mainly because I haven't done much to the Scammell other than pump lots of grease through it. I picked up a speedo cable from Chris Acock at Banbury Rally and have clocked up 435 miles since I fitted it. I did manage to get some better headlamp units with halogen conversions in, these are now fitted and much better than the old BPF units.

There has finally been enough snow to go for a play in. :-D

img1336rx8.jpg

img1342ij5.jpg

img1345iv3.jpg

img1348vb8.jpg

img1351qs8.jpg

I haven't had much to post on here for a while, mainly because I haven't done much to the Scammell other than pump lots of grease through it. I picked up a speedo cable from Chris Acock at Banbury Rally and have clocked up 435 miles since I fitted it. I did manage to get some better headlamp units with halogen conversions in, these are now fitted and much better than the old BPF units.

There has finally been enough snow to go for a play in. :-D

img1336rx8.jpg

img1342ij5.jpg

img1345iv3.jpg

img1348vb8.jpg

img1351qs8.jpg

did she get through ok:-D

• 1 month later...

Dressed everything up for the special day !!! and a fine Bonny one it must have been . So who will be driving what to the shows and events you will attend now ? I m guessing Jen or is it going to be Mrs Croc ? will drive the Pig and Mr. Croc the Scammell ? And Congratulation to the Great Looking pair of you .

Dressed everything up for the special day !!! and a fine Bonny one it must have been . So who will be driving what to the shows and events you will attend now ? I m guessing Jen or is it going to be Mrs Croc ? will drive the Pig and Mr. Croc the Scammell ? And Congratulation to the Great Looking pair of you .

The Pig belongs to Adam Elsdon (Best Man) more pics to follow, when I get a chance.