Crocs' Explorer Blog

croc

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Steve. hope the wife and son are doing well. it won't be long before he's out in the explorer with you.

All the Best.

Clive

protruckservices.com

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I hadn't realised how long it was since I posted anything in here. I haven't done much with the Explorer this year other than go to the usual shows. I have been occupied with other things, although I did get another Gipsy back on the road and took it down to Dorset for the Steam Fair with no problems.

I had a problem with the Scammell not charging, it never was quite right. The fault was with the dynamo control box (CAV RB310) I couldn't find a 24 volt one anywhere so I stripped down a 12 volt one for bits and rebuilt one from two. I wasn't sure if it would work but decided that it was worth a shot, as the 24 volt unit wasn't working and the 12 volt one only cost three quid at an autojumble. So far it is working OK, so fingers crossed it will live on for a while at least.

• 3 months later...

Congratulations to you both Steve , I know exactly how time consuming the youngsters can be but absolutely worth every second ! We are expecting a daughter this June to add to my son Fred and I am not looking forward to sleepless nights again ! Glad to see your Scammell T shirt just to let him know which are the best lorries ! :-D Good choice of name by the way ! :-D

Congratulations to all, trying to work out if Explorer's have anything to do with this outbreak of offspring:D.......so far without success:undecided:

Edited by Degsy

Explorers take a great deal of time, effort, money, time, money, effort,time and money......there is only one way to make it up to her indoors:cool2:

That's as good an excuse as I've ever heard.:thumbsup: