Antar Gallery

If by fun! to build you mean getting things on the right place, getting them to bond without proper registers, spigots etc, things not breaking as you manipulate them, getting parts off the sprue intact is difficult then I agree!!

Totally agree Mike, that's why I gave my Explorer kit away half built!

The white metal kit won't glue with superglue because there isn't a close enough fit up in the parts for the anaerobic action to start the cure. You are down to Epxy, ans even the 15 minute stuff doesn't go of in a practical time. It also isn't fully rigid for some hours, The problem is in holding the parts in the correct location for an hour or more....

I use super glue Mike with no problems trythe gel type, the big BW models are heavy and i suggest that the axles are strengtened to combat sag i use a length of metal rod and glue it up out of site as much as possible even to the point if fileing some of the axle down for a clean fit keep at it

cheers

Les

There are a few pictures in the "Antar back to the road" blog. I got the propshaft off on Sunday, but I haven't done a lot. I should have the recovery fee which went on the plastic paid off this week, so then I can start to spend again. It has been a stoney broke situation since GDSF, but things should start to happen again in the next few weeks, I will put some piccys up on the blog soon.

Edited by antarmike

• 2 weeks later...
Brilliant, thanks for posting...

No probs, they were taken by my brother when he was troop commander in Paderborn. Sorry cant remember which regiment they were. When I see him I will ask and also try to blag some more photos!

Edited by Brooky
spelling mistake

Re exploding clutches in Antar, had occasion to tow a loaded Antar just over 3/4 mile , when they were starting to build J10 on the M40 He had stopped at traffic lights on the old A43 went to move off and the clutch went bang, only prob he was off route so was desperate to get up to the A41 so he was back on route(been visiting a lady friend I understand) Luckily for him a guy in the srices station put him onto me and I gave him a tow with my martian . a couple of weeks later he dropped off a crate of beer . I think they came out from COD Bicester to recover him. He said at the time that he new he was chancing his arm as he had a breakdown about every other trip :shocked:

I use super glue Mike with no problems trythe gel type, the big BW models are heavy and i suggest that the axles are strengtened to combat sag i use a length of metal rod and glue it up out of site as much as possible even to the point if fileing some of the axle down for a clean fit keep at it

cheers

Les

Les, attached are some photos I took at Perth earlier this year,

Mike, the "super glues" avalible at good model shops come in varying thicknesses, I use one by a firm called JARVIS it has a red lid, its fairly thick and has good gap filling qualties there is one that will fill even larger gaps and it gives you about 15 seconds for positioning before the big grab !!

TED

PICT1779.jpg

PICT1780.jpg

PICT1781.jpg

• 2 weeks later...