Humber PIG Pictures

13BK76

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pig finally landed today... we had planned to tow it to it's storage position with a tractor... but that was in use on the farm so quicky got the Landy out of mothballs & decided to use that.. 20yrds later we ran out of petrol.. lucky I had a can in the motor:idea:... Landy's don't like 2-stroke mix:sweat:

Anyway hooked up the A-frame & towed Ian up the hill, then towed the Pig down Ian pushed the Landy down the hill, bit hairy in places.. Pig has no brakes at the moment:shake:

Now safely parked up ready to be worked on at the weekend.. hopfully it will be ready for the Bunker Bash:-D

Picture002.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture012-1.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Edited by Marmite!!

Glad it has arrived with all the obvious bits on the outside still there. Hope the same applies to the stuff on the inside.

Yep it looks like it's all there Clive... Ian found out the oil pump works too... told him not to put it in gear:coffee:

. Ian found out the oil pump works too... told him not to put it in gear:coffee:

I must send you a pic of how that modified mounting was wired up. On the original conversions, it was a year or so before it was realised the oil had been going in the wrong direction & Workshop Instruction issued to remodify the oil flow arrangements.

I must send you a pic of how that modified mounting was wired up. On the original conversions, it was a year or so before it was realised the oil had been going in the wrong direction & Workshop Instruction issued to remodify the oil flow arrangements.

You already gave it to us Clive :tup:: might be worth posting it here for others though...

EMER ERROR!

There was an error in EMER WHEELED VEHICLES N 257/2 Mod Instr No.19. This relates to the new position for the oil filter to accommodate the tandem brake servo. The oil pipes were connected in such a way that the oil filter by-pass valve was rendered inoperable.

This was corrected in Wksp Management Technical Instruction No. 3 (d) issued by 44 Cmd Wksp. The error was corrected by the reversal of the pipes from the sump.

The correct plumbing is shown here:

DSCF9116.jpg

DSCF9120.jpg

A few more pics of the pig being towed down to the bungalow compound.

Coming over the hill (now for the desent and sharp right turn down hill)

Picture094.jpg

Now thinking this is a bad idea :shake: (pig door open for a fast exit)

Picture096.jpg

Landie getting pushed sideways by the pig (change of pants for Lee)

Picture098-1.jpg

Made it :cool2:

Picture099-1.jpg

I tried to Fork lift the wings of the side of my pig this week! to no luck! ended up bending the bracket slightly with a forklift!

The wings seem solid and unliftable! lifts the side the pig up more than the wings! yet they seem to just sit on brackets with gravity!?

She is getting a huge amount of work soon. I decided I dont think I can part with her.. she is part of me now! and is just about to go for a full overhaul.

Brakes, new exhaust, new switch panels and wiring and a full baremetal repaint.. at long last!

I tried to Fork lift the wings of the side of my pig this week! to no luck! ended up bending the bracket slightly with a forklift!

The wings seem solid and unliftable! lifts the side the pig up more than the wings! yet they seem to just sit on brackets with gravity!?

She is getting a huge amount of work soon. I decided I dont think I can part with her.. she is part of me now! and is just about to go for a full overhaul.

Brakes, new exhaust, new switch panels and wiring and a full baremetal repaint.. at long last!

hi paul,

The wings are either still bolted somewhere or its been welded on.

mine came off very easy.

mine is getting there, will post some pics soon.

good to here your keeping her.

Paul I sold mine to an American several years back and he posted the cash to me ! He asked if I could store her while he tried to sort out shipping ! Several weeks of sleepness nights later I rang him and said I would send the cash back I didn't realise what a precious thing she was till she was nearly gone ( Narrow escape)! Ended up him buying my mates instead ! Don't think that got shipped in the end ! Last seen on an airfield perimeter near Ramsgate !

A few pictures to a great thread..

A 3" lift kit and this should go on...

DSC00132.jpg

Wheels off to inspect all the brakes

DSC00133.jpg

then full repaint of the wheel arch area

DSC00135.jpg

both sides done. Only need a brake pipe (cylinder to union) any ideas?

DSC00141.jpg

After scraping old paint off the chassis plate I see its a MK2???

DSC00139.jpg

Paint on door. Curious..

DSC00145.jpg

whats this??

DSC00148.jpg

definatly an in insignia

DSC00151.jpg

RHA? Royal Horse Artillery.. Poss from Germany? Aden? or NI...

DSC00153.jpg

seems to match?

https://www.elliottmilitary.co.uk/catalog/images/RHA.jpg

After scraping old paint off the chassis plate I see its a MK2???

DSC00139.jpg

Yes that is correct yours IS a Mk 2.

All FV1611, FV1612, FV1613 were made as Mk 2

The FV1609 was the real Mk 1

DSCF7821-1.jpg

The problem was in Op Bracelet the Army forgot there was a Mk 1 or even a Mk 2. A pig was a pig so the uparmoured pig was called Mk 2, but should have really been called Mk 3.

A bit like the confusion with the Series 1 Land Rover when the Army designated the 2A Lightweight as Rover 1.

Clive, Why is your Pig red? Mine must have been RUC it has grey under the paint(joking)

It shall be DBG.. I intent to baremetal. red oxide/grey/og/dbg nice and thick and smooth.. I would like a very nice finish that I can look after.. then I intend to build an outdoor storage cover to keep it dry..

So hopefully soon It shall be looking very smart