Humber PIG Pictures

13BK76

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He does have the UH AC No. 12515 for the GS, so there is some commonality.

His list of EMERs is not comprehensive notably WV N 255, 257, 258, 259 are missing but it is a good basis for anyone without any EMERs. To his credit he does actually use the proper nomenclature which helps pin down what documents are what.

So often you see adverts for "workshop manual" - whatever that covers, or reference to EMER N 252 which is meaningless unless the subject is specified eg POWER, WHEELED VEHICLES, TRACKED VEHICLES, WORKSHOPS etc.

These manual sellers provide a good service as it takes the heat off me, as I am often approached to just copy off some manuals & it could take an afternoon to go to a copy shop. But I expect most manual sellers scan them & once that is done it is print to order.

i was woken this morning by one off the local police, telling me the rear doors of my pig where open, so rushed about like a mad man ,to find :argh:all my tools had been stolen, even the box of oils and bits and pieces. who ever had made a thorough job, so with a large whiskey and a cup of tea for the wpc. who was freezing bless her, had the unpleasant task off having to tell me the chances off fingerprints (as it was damp and frosty this morning) was pretty slim.and more than likely it would have been someone who had seen me working on the old girl, so hopefully my bad lucks over for this year, and 09 will be a belter of a year, so have a good new year and i will see you in 2009 at all the shows, and if anyone has secure parking nr portsmouth pm me , thanks all

One wonders what would happen if our Police decicded they wanted APC, or Armoured Fighting vehicles. :sweat:

Well the Met did have two Mk 2 pigs. They used to do training with them in the area now used by the dome. They were painted gloss dark blue. When they were sold off one ended up in Scotland.

They did requisition a Mk 1 in the Balcombe Street siege in 1975

BalcombeSt2.jpg

One wonders what would happen if our Police decicded they wanted APC, or Armoured Fighting vehicles. :sweat:

I have seen modern wheeled armoured personnel carriers in a shed at a Met. police training centre ! Covered in dust but awaiting some sort of civil emergency I would imagine ! Didn't see any manufacturer markings !

In the states, most police departments of any size have at least one sort of armoured vehicle for emergencies. The armoured car courier Brinks actually donates their used ones to police agencies for almost nothing as long as they are willing to come and pick them up. Thats very generous of them in my opinion. I think they charge a $10 dollar paperwork fee which is of course beyond reasonable.

Metropolitan Police do have two armoured backed beasts, Fords I think they are. MOD Police (MODPLOD) had some Saxon's, and the Ukilalies (UK Atomic Energy Agency Police) have some odditys hidden about. The UK route seems to be DOVES (Discreet Operational Vehicles) for work on the street.

• 2 weeks later...

hi gents, well just to let you know, my pigs driving me mad ... as if im not allready . so anyonewith a pig add me to your friends list ,, and any rumours that im mad ,, well i bought a pig so its true >LOL . and i hope 2009 is a good year for us all

hi gents , well had one wheel off, but the nearside are just shearing off,,so i will have to buy anotherone, .. didnt realise what an expensive hobby, and construction at a standstill, make thing that little harder on the pocket, but shes here so i will keep trying